Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. Glimmer weighs 978 grams (up from 924), Star weighs 731 grams (up from 697), Ribbon weighs 883 grams (up from 847), Tinsel weighs 1055 grams (up from 1017) and Bow weighs 1105 grams (up from 1079). The hexbug came out again tonight, as did the red dot. Amazon sent a replacement hexbug for the one that went temporarily astray and Alicia says she’ll take that with her to TKHQ on Saturday to try out with both sets of kittens there.
- LAPS posted about this lovely ginger stray on their Facebook page today — I presume he arrived at LAPS today, but I don’t know that for sure. He was most likely hit by a car, leaving his left hind leg broken.
- Mary’s spay surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. (I imagine her late night woe was a result of her food being withdrawn so she could fast before going to Mountain View — they want to get a better xray and ultrasound of her abdomen to make sure she’s no longer pregnant before her spay surgery.)
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: Shelly switched this cam back over to VIP part way through Amanda’s visit so they are currently are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for a monthly or annual fee. (Think of it as a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with a pledging award of the VIP cam feed.)
- Amanda visited with the kittens in the morning, before heading down for the ringworm baths. Everyone was playing hard to get so she pet most of the kittens in situ wherever they were. (The last couple of minutes of her visit were on the VIP stream but since the visit began on the regular stream, I’ve uploaded and embedded the video of the visit below.)
- Shelly made several very quick, drive-by visits later in the day (all on VIP cam so no video upload here):
- In the mid-afternoon, she dropped off some packing paper for the kittens to play with. (It kept interfering with the cat teaser track toy so she had to keep coming back to reposition it.)
- In the early evening, she stopped by to give Joy her doxycyline syringe. (It was a particularly sticky syringe that kept jamming.)
- She came back again later in the evening to collect PCR samples, put out more kibble, and replace the dead blue tent with a new red one…which Comet eventually managed to move to block the cam view entirely. (The house party started early tonight. LOL)
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
Note: Shelly switched this cam back so that it is no longer the VIP cam. So the entire ringworm bath process today was on the regular feed.
- Today was ringworm bath day:
- Gwen and Amanda started things off, bathing Jingle and then Nicholas. (After their baths, the boys were put in a separate carrier from the girls because they were going to be getting samples taken for PCR tests.) Noelle was bathed third so that she wouldn’t be left alone in the room; Elf didn’t seem to appreciate being alone in the room herself, though that might have been as much because the room was almost entirely empty of toys, blankets, food, and litter boxes prior to being cleaned as it was by the absence of her roommates.
- Shelly joined in the fun towards the end of the baths. She scrubbed down the room and then redecorated it, adding a race car scratcher with a ribbon wand stuck in it (a very popular combination). She put one of the cams on the window ledge, giving us a bird’s eye view of the room. (I love this particular dual-cam configuration because it gives us a good view of the floor-level action, but also allows us to see the tops of the Kuranda tower and a good aerial view of what we can see on the other cam. It took a lot of effort to get the aerial-view cam taped down reasonably well so hopefully it’ll be there for awhile.)
- I’ve uploaded the full 2.5+ hours of the “visit” from the time Amanda first came into the room; it includes several minutes of kitten scampiness in the newly refurnished room at the end.
- Shelly made a fairly quick late night visit (evidenced by the fact that she was trying to get away with not gowning up and coming in with booties/gloves and her street clothes). She righted the race car, which had been flipped over; shifted the floor cam back a bit; and did a quick tidy.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Part of the baff party
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit
[Page last updated: 2016-01-05 at 12:22 PST]