[Note: This page is for cats/kittens who came from Nano’s feral colony, which is also sometimes referred to as the F1 colony or shed colony. If you’re looking for cats/kittens who came from other colonies, head over to Happy Forest feral colony graduates, guests, and losses, Lion Colony graduates, guests, and losses, and Colony of the Dolls graduates, guests, and losses,]
Since I created a page like this for the original Happy Forest colonies, I figured I might as well keep things going by creating one for each TK- or PFHC-managed colony. This colony is the second TNR project, on the property where the Nano Fix-a-thon was conducted.
As with the other page, I no doubt split my lists up in a way that is guaranteed to be largely different from how Shelly is tracking them but should include all of the cats that Shelly might refer to:
- furry tail endings — a master list of all cats/kittens brought in from the feral colony or its surroundings who went on to find forever homes
- hospice care — cats/kittens brought in from the colony (or born at TKHQ) with serious late stage illnesses who get a pretty good furry tail ending in the loving care of a TKHQ hospice foster for however long they have.
- pending furry tail endings — cats/kittens brought in from the feral colony or its surroundings who (as far as I know) are still waiting to find their forever homes
- “sort of” furry tail endings — cats/kittens from the feral colony who were either re-homed as barn cats or who made their own happy place living outdoors with human companionship
- temporary guests — cats/kittens who stayed at TKHQ for a time while they recovered or while socialization was attempted with them but who subsequently returned to the forest
- RIPs — cats/kittens who passed away either at the colony or in the care of TinyKittens
With the exception of the RIP list, these lists are in chronological order from date brought in to TKHQ. The RIP list is, as closely as I can get it, in chronological order by date of death. (This colony was a TinyKittens project, not a joint project with LAPS.) The lists generally just contain brief information and key dates for the cats/kittens — pages with more detailed information are under construction.
(Note: In the lists below, “at TinyKittens HQ” or “at TKHQ” means at the actual TinyKittens HQ house, at Shelly’s house, at a foster, or at a veterinary hospital while in TK care.)
[Page last updated: January 15, 2018]
Furry Tail Endings
These are cats and kittens who were trapped at the colony or were taken in temporarily and/or socialized to some degree by neighbours of the property where the colony is and who subsequently went on to be adopted into forever homes.
- The Hayloft Flyer kittens — Amelia, Orville, and Wilbur arrived at TKHQ on September 27, 2016. Amelia was adopted on November 21, 2016. Orville and Wilbur were adopted together on December 3, 2016.
- The Metrics — Kilo, Zepto, Pico, and Gram came in to TKHQ (with their mama Zetta and little brother Nano Wolverine) on September 30, 2016. Kilo and Zepto were adopted by Janet, who previously adopted Calypso’s kittens Lindy and Mr. Buggles, on November 7, 2016. Pico and Gram were adopted on December 23, 2016.
- Faith and Hope — Faith and Hope were trapped and brought to TKHQ on October 11, 2016. They were adopted together with Charity on January 14, 2017.
- Radley — Radley was trapped during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. She turned out to be very friendly and more than ready for a forever home. She was adopted on November 26, 2016.
- Charity and Chance — Charity came to TKHQ during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. Chance came to TKHQ on October 22, 2016. They were both adopted to separate homes on January 14, 2017, Charity with Faith and Hope and Chance to “Christmas Eve” Mary‘s home.
- The Monkey Kittens — Finster and Boo came to TKHQ on October 18, 2017. They were adopted together.
- Calvin (see Happy Forest colony page)
Furry Tail Endings
These are the cats/kittens brought in from the colony (or born at TKHQ) with serious late stage illnesses (typically something like kidney disease) who get a pretty good furry tail ending in the loving care of a TKHQ hospice foster for however long they have.
- Mason — Mason came to TKHQ during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. He stayed while his paw healed. In December, he had extensive dental surgery done. On December 26, 2016, blood tests taken during the dental surgery showed that Mason (who was estimated to be around 8 years old on intake, elderly for a feral cat) has kidney disease. At the time, he was expected to have months rather than years left to live, but 14 months later, he’s still doing pretty well. He is currently receiving palliative care and as much companionship as he wants at Shelly’s house, which I think qualifies as a furry tail ending.
Pending Furry Tail Endings
Sort of Furry Tail Endings
- Rose (see Happy Forest colony page)
Temporary Guests of TinyKittens HQ
These are cats/kittens who stayed at TKHQ for a time while they recovered or while socialization was attempted with them but who subsequently returned to the forest. (This list does not include cats who just stayed overnight at TKHQ while awaiting their spay/neuter surgeries or while briefly recovering from their spay/neuter surgeries with no attempts at socialization.)
- Zetta — Zetta was brought into TKHQ with Nano and her other kittens on September 30, 2016. She stayed there for several weeks, first with the kittens and then (after her spay surgery on November 7, 2016) in the feral recovery room. But she just wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the property on November 9, 2016.
- Fiona — Fiona came to TKHQ on October 15, 2016 with the other cats trapped during the fix-a-thon weekend. She wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the colony on October 17, 2016.
- Beatrix — Beatrix came to TKHQ on October 15, 2016, with the other cats trapped during the fix-a-thon weekend. She wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the colony on October 23, 2016.
- Nala — Mali’s mama. She came in to TKHQ on February 17, 2017. She had a lengthy spay surgery as she had a hernia that needed repair at the same time. She spent an extended period of time recovering at TKHQ with Mali and others from the same colony. She was later returned to the colony.
- Racer — Racer is an elderly (in feral terms) black cat who came to TKHQ on February 17, 2017. Because he had to have extensive dental work done as well as a neuter, he spent an extended period of time recuperating at TKHQ with others from his colony. He was later returned to the colony.
- Rusty — Rusty also came in on February 17, 2017. Like Racer, he also had extensive dental work done — he had 12 teeth removed — so he had an extended stay at the TKHQ recovery ward with the others from his colony. He was later returned to the colony.
❤️ RIPs ❤️
- Zetta’s kitten Nano Wolverine Metric — Passed away during “Hail Mary” surgery to attempt to fix his peritoneopericardial diaphragmatic hernia (PPDH) on October 7, 2016.
- Mali — Was brought in to TKHQ with her mother Nala during the second fix-a-thon on February 17, 2017. She was in poor health, underweight and suffering from a URI. She eventually moved in with Wumpkin (from the Lion Colony) upstairs. Her health unexpectedly and suddenly declined when she developed a very aggressive case of feline infectious peritonitis (FIP), and she was humanely euthanized on April 12, 2017.
Thank you for this excellent summary.