Who’s in care with TinyKittens as of September 12:
♦ Shelly’s sun porch: Salia (tortie girl with a ginger triangle over her left eye) and Hyatt (brown tabby with white boy)
♦ Shelly’s: Mason and Auracuda are upstairs with the Teens and Cassidy;
♦ Downstairs at Shelly’s home: (I think, based on Shelly’s previous comments) Princess Consuela and her Auto Kittens are back downstairs so that the ferals can have the sun porch.
♦ At Kimsies’: Moustachio (aka Stashie Bumblepants)
- Kimsies posted pictures and videos from her visit to the Happy Forest today.
- Salia had a follow-up visit at Mountain View. Dr. F said she looked much better (the polyp is smaller) so they will continue with her current treatments (antibiotics, ear drops, and Assisi Loop) and follow up again in 10 days.
- Salia and Hyatt moved over to Shelly’s just after noon today. They are now on the sun porch (in a section separated from the rest of the porch by what sounds like an accordion door), and Consuela and the kittens are back downstairs in their original room (I think).
- Chapel went back to the colony this afternoon.
- Shelly posted video of Gallico’s and Horizon’s “bromance”. (We didn’t get to see this while they were in TK care recently because Horizon was so shut down and unhappy being inside. It’s lovely to see it in its natural environment.)
- TK has started using the Assisi Loop on Hyatt as well, in the hopes that it might help with his inflammation. (They’ve been using the loop on Salia for a couple of days now, to try to reduce the inflammation in her ear.)
- Salia goes back to Mountain View for a follow-up visit on Wednesday.
- Allie and Bentley go in for their speuters on September 20.
- Aura goes in for her CT scan on September 26.
- Kathryn Jane posted some pictures and videos from her visit to the Happy Forest today. All of the cats who were recent guests at TKHQ showed up for dinner and look great.
- Chapel had his dental appointment today and had one tooth removed. His blood test results were great. He’s pretty stoned from his meds, but that’ll wear off by tomorrow.
- Shelly posted a great video of Hyatt’s journey so far, including some video of him taken at the colony 10 days before his intake, when he could still see fine.
- Hyatt‘s titre test results are back showing that he has toxoplasmosis antibodies. (Skye and Chloe both also previously tested positive for toxo antibodies.) Toxoplasmosis can cause eye problems, including blindness, and there’s a small chance that his sight could come back with treatment. They’ve started him on new “gross” meds (I presume clindamycin, perhaps with a corticosteroid, but Shelly didn’t elaborate on-screen). He’s on a four-week course of meds, after which another titre test will be done. (This does not completely rule out other causes for Hyatt’s blindness, but toxoplasmosis is the most likely cause given all of the test results.)
- All of the Harvie cats are now either in barn homes or in foster care.
- The last of the four kittens from the “complicated situation” are now in foster care.
- Gallico and Sigma were given the all-clear and went back to the colony today.
- Chapel‘s dental appointment is Friday.
- Still waiting on the blood titre results for Hyatt. He seems to have a little bit of light/dark. Salia is getting new ear meds but if those don’t work, she’ll need to have surgery on the ear polyp.