This blog is in no way officially associated with TinyKittens, People for Happier Cats, or any of the people officially involved with those organizations.
It is merely a labour of love and OCD from an avid follower.
I’ve watched Shelly’s live cams off and on since the Jungle kittens. (I found Ustream’s ads too annoying to watch live very often, but I did watch clips uploaded to YouTube for those early fosters.) It wasn’t until Calypso and her endless pregnancy that I really started to watch regularly. By the time the multi-generational Roundup litter arrived in the summer of 2014, I was watching steadily and was hooked.
Still, it wasn’t until 2015 that I started to track information for my own use in a journal (in particular during the week that the Zoo Kittens died). It looked a little like this:
That quickly became unworkable. But a blog is a perfect tool for that kind of data gathering — I can add feeds, screencaps, embedded videos, links, and extra information easily here that expand the usefulness of the content; and everything is much more accessible and searchable.
This site started out with lofty ambitions: to provide a daily recap of everything cat-related happening at Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS) and TinyKittens. That worked for awhile, though it was too easy to get behind. When Shelly started her leave of absence from TinyKittens late in 2016, the flow of information changed. (The flow of information from LAPS changed around the same time as personnel and priorities changed there.) It became harder to sustain any kind of daily update.
On September 30, 2017, I marked all of the existing daily recaps ‘private” and changed the focus of the site from TinyKittens and LAPS to just TinyKittens and from daily recaps to a compilation of informational pages. (See announcement post.) Early in 2018, I resumed recaps but as briefer monthly pages rather than daily pages. In November 2018, I made the previous daily recap pages public again as it was taking me longer than I’d planned to pull out the information in them to create comparable monthly pages. (Those daily recap pages still contain LAPS updates.)
About content sources:
- The text updates come from watching the live feeds and from text updates on the various social media pages and live stream chats.
- Embedded videos come from a variety of YouTube accounts (mostly Little Darling’s, Kimsies’, Shelly’s, and my own) and Facebook pages — all of the embedded videos allow you to easily go directly to the original pages for those videos and the source is indicated above or below the embedded video.
- If no source is listed for a YouTube video that is embedded within the pages, it’s a video I captured and uploaded to my own gwendelk YouTube account.
- Pictures are generally screencaps taken by me from the live feeds or videos.
- Where I can, I try to embed Facebook and Twitter content within the page, so that you can see and interact with any pictures or videos along with the page text and comments but in a format that makes it clear that it is not my own blog content. You can always click through to view the content directly on Facebook or Twitter.
All content is publicly accessible.
About the header image
The simple header image on this site uses (with permission) a screen capture from a video uploaded on Facebook by Taj with QueEnara & Jet, Set GO. The header also uses the freeware Pussyfoot font by Webdog.
[Page last updated: November 9, 2018]