This blog is in no way officially associated with TinyKittens, People for Happier Cats, or any of the people officially involved with those organizations.
It is merely a labour of love and OCD from an avid follower.
I’ve watched Shelly’s live cams off and on since the Jungle kittens, but it wasn’t until Calypso and her endless pregnancy that I really started to watch regularly. By the time the multi-generational Roundup litter arrived in the summer of 2014, I was watching steadily and was hooked.
Still, it wasn’t until 2015 that I started to track information for my own use in a journal (in particular during the week that the Zoo Kittens died). It looked a little like this:
That quickly became unworkable. But a blog is a perfect tool for that kind of data gathering — I can add feeds, screencaps, embedded videos, links, and extra information easily here that expand the usefulness of the content; and everything is much more accessible and searchable.
This site started out with lofty ambitions: to provide a daily recap of everything cat-related happening at LAPS and TinyKittens. That worked for awhile, though it was easy to get behind. When Shelly started her leave of absence from TinyKittens late in 2016, information flow changed and it became harder to sustain any kind of daily update. On September 30, 2017, I marked all of the existing daily recaps ‘private” and have changed the focus of the site from TinyKittens and LAPS to just TinyKittens and from daily recaps to a compilation of informational pages. (See announcement post.)
About content sources:
- The text updates come from watching the live feeds and from text updates on the various social media pages.
- Embedded videos come from a variety of YouTube accounts and Facebook pages (mostly Little Darling’s, Kimsies’, Shelly’s, and my own) — all of the embedded videos allow you to easily go directly to the original pages for those videos and the source is indicated above or below the embedded video.
- If no source is listed for a YouTube video that is embedded within the pages, it’s a video I captured and uploaded to my own gwendelk YouTube account.
- Pictures are generally screencaps taken by me from the live feeds or videos.
- Where I can, I try to embed Facebook and Twitter content within the page, so that you can see and interact with any pictures or videos along with the page text and comments but in a format that makes it clear that it is not my own blog content. You can always click through to view the content directly on Facebook or Twitter.
All content is publicly accessible.
[Page last updated: 2016/10/08 at 09:21 PST]