Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
- No videos were saved from today, for some reason.
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. Glimmer weighs 986 grams (up from 978), Star weighs 747 grams (up from 731), Ribbon weighs 907 grams (up from 883), Tinsel weighs 1077 grams (up from 1055) and Bow weighs 1126 grams (up from 1105). Glimmer, Tinsel, and Bow are tentatively scheduled to have their spays/neuter on Thursday or Friday of next week; Star and Ribbon are tentatively scheduled for the following Tuesday. (The kittens would be available for adoption the day after their spays or neuter.) Alicia believes that there are 5 or 6 applications in for the kittens.
- Shelly had her weekly conference call with Dr. Ferguson and Dr. Marcellin-Little. SheEverything is progressing, though she got very little stretching time in with Cassidy today.
- Mary went to Mountain View today. She had xrays and an ultrasound to make sure that she isn’t still pregnant and was given the all-clear for her spay surgery. She is recovering well back at TinyKittens HQ and seems to be feeling really good.
- Shelly got a great application for Mary. Mountain View noticed that Mary has a slight heart murmur, and Shelly will let the potential adopters know. Mary will have another ultrasound to get a better look at the murmur — it may just be a temporary side effect of her pregnancy, miscarriage, and all the rest.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Shelly is on feeding station duty today and tomorrow. She’s fairly certain that Marvin, a cat from the other side of the property where the second feeding station is (and nearer to where Jingle and most of the other current TKHQ-resident feral kittens came from), is a relative of Jingle’s. She’s thinks he’s the spitting image of Jingle, down to the tongue sticking out.
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for a monthly or annual fee. (Think of it as a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with a pledging award of the VIP cam feed.)
- Suzanne visited.
- Shelly made a late night visit. Holly’s left paw is leaking fluid again so Shelly soaked it and cleaned it; she also pulled out something that looked like either a piece of bone or a tooth. Holly didn’t react to most of Shelly’s poking around so it’s obviously not hurting her too much. They’ll xray it at some point to see what’s going on there, why the left paw is still causing trouble when the right one is healing up well. (The left paw is the one that had had some kind of ligature around it at some point.) Holly’s and Joy’s spays are scheduled for January 13.
- There’s one app for Mistletoe and Comet, but the potential adopters can’t take the kittens until February. There’s also an application for Holly and Joy, and for Mary. All great applications, Shelly said. They just need to work out the logistics.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Suzanne visited with the kittens. She played with them and put out more food.
- Shelly made a late night visit.
- Ringworm meds (Itrafungol/itraconazole) were restarted today. (The kittens were given the meds for 28 days initially and now are in a 7-days off/7-days on pulsing pattern. They had the last week off so they are now due to have the daily meds for the next days.
- Itrafungol dose is weight-based so Shelly weighed the kittens tonight:
- Nicholas is 2.125 kg
- Noelle is 1.5 kg (hard to believe that she’s tripled her weight since she came in)
- Jingle is 2.51 kg
- Elf is 2.44 kg. While Shelly was cuddling Elf, Elf lost a baby tooth. This puts her estimated age into question — if she still has baby teeth to lose, then she is younger than they’d originally thought.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Suzanne visits TKHQ
Tiny Kittens Shelly’s late night visit
[Page last updated: 2016/01/06 at 19:34 PST]