[Note: This page is for cats/kittens related to the original Happy Forest feral colony, which is also sometimes known as the M1 or M2 feral colonies. If you’re looking for cats/kittens who came from other colonies, head over to Nano’s Farm feral colony graduates, guests, and losses, Lion Colony graduates, guests, and losses, and Colony of the Dolls graduates, guests, and losses,]
As Neelix and Maravel were gearing up to head out to their new forever home in early August 2016, Shelly posted that they were the “15th and 16th ADULT Feral Furry Tail Endings” for the People for Happier Cats project. I decided I needed a list of said furry tail endings, which is how this page came to be. Per Shelly’s post, seven of the 16 cats she was talking about were sick or injured, three were pregnant, and the rest just ready to hang out with humans after socialization at the feeding station. We didn’t seem to reach the same number so, even after she clarified some of it on-cam, I wasn’t entirely sure how she was counting (was she including cats/kittens who went to LAPS? cats/kittens from the other side of the property?), who she considers a (former) feral (e.g. several of the cats/kittens were extremely friendly from the start), and who falls into the “non-adult” category (under a year? under two years?).
As a result, I decided to split my lists up in a way that is guaranteed to be largely different from how Shelly is tracking them but should include all of the cats that Shelly is referring to (and possibly then some):
- hospice/long-term medical care — cats/kittens brought in from the colony (or born at TKHQ) with serious late stage illnesses who get a pretty good furry tail ending in the loving care of a TKHQ hospice foster for however long they have as well as cat/kittens who are in the midst of an extended stay at TKHQ due to health reasons but may not be up for a furry tail ending at the moment.
- maternity ward — Mamas and their babies who are currently staying at TKHQ until adoption or return to colony
- pending furry tail endings — cats/kittens brought in from the feral colony or its surroundings who (as far as I know) are still waiting to find their forever homes
- furry tail endings — a master list of all cats/kittens brought in from the feral colony or its surroundings who went on to find forever homes
- “sort of” furry tail endings — cats/kittens from the feral colony who were either re-homed as barn cats or who made their own happy place living outdoors with human companionship
- kittens born at TinyKittens HQ or LAPS to mothers from the feral colony or its surroundings
- temporary guests — cats/kittens who stayed at LAPS or TKHQ for a time while they recovered or while socialization was attempted with them but who subsequently returned to the forest
- RIPs — cats/kittens who passed away either at the colony or in the care of TinyKittens or LAPS
With the exception of the RIP list, these lists are in chronological order from date brought in to TKHQ or LAPS. (The RIP list is, as closely as I can get it, in chronological order by date of death.) The lists generally just contain very brief information and key dates for the cats/kittens — pages with more detailed information are under construction.
(Note: In the lists below, “at LAPS” means either at the shelter proper, in the care of a LAPS foster, or at a veterinary hospital while in LAPS care; “at TinyKittens HQ” or “at TKHQ” means either at the actual TinyKittens HQ house or at a veterinary hospital while in TK care.)
As of February 18, 2018, the TinyKittens.com colony page indicates that 112 cats and kittens have been adopted from this colony. (Per my lists below, 82 cats and kittens were brought in from the forest and adopted, two cats were rehomed at a barn, and 59 kittens were born at TKHQ/LAPS/foster and adopted.)
[Page last updated: August 18, 2018]
Hospice/Long-Term Medical Care
These are the cats/kittens brought in from the colony (or born at TKHQ) with serious late stage illnesses (typically something like kidney disease) who get a pretty good furry tail ending in the loving care of a TKHQ hospice foster for however long they have as well as cat/kittens who have an extended stay at TKHQ due to health reasons but may not be up for a furry tail ending at the moment.
- Mustachio — Thought to maybe be Macey’s brother. Was trapped at the feeding station on October 15, 2017. He was emaciated (2.73 kg) and suffering from a bad mouth infection. Pre-surgery blood tests indicated that he may have kidney disease or diabetes; he was later confirmed to have late stage kidney disease. He had major dental surgery, with 15 teeth and one foreign object removed, and is given regular fluids and medications to support and control the kidney issues. On December 10, 2017, he went into permanent hospice foster care with TinyKittens board member Kimsies for whatever time he has left. Also known as Stashy Bumblepants.
- August 2018 patients:
- Coridan — Mackerel ginger and white cow/van boy, brought in on August 5, 2018, because he was in need of a dental. He also had an ear infection. He was one of the first ten males neutered at the colony; he was TNRed back in March 25/26, 2015. (He appears to be best buds with Chapel, who looks like his twin so they are possibly related.) He had dental surgery on August 15, 2018, where 10 teeth (including 3 that were abscessed) were removed.
- Chapel — Mackerel ginger and white cow/van boy, brought in on August 7, 2018. Very fractious, unlike his fairly mellow BFF (and possible twinger) Coridan. He didn’t need a dental, but he had an ear infection, like Coridan. He was originally TNRed on June 18/19, 2015. (Chapel is probably one of my favourite ferals from this colony — he is such a confident big boy who watches Shelly and the snugglers like a hawk, with fearless and curious eyes that remind me a bit of Ramona’s, yet once the humans leave, he rolls and plays and just chills out like a cat should. And he has an adorable nose like Skye that betrays his nervousness.)
- Shelby — Was initially trapped on April 1, 2015, and taken to LAPS. Her kittens were born there on April 16, 2015 — 3 boys Sherlock, Shia, and Sheriff (2 ginger, 1 black) and 3 girls Shayla, Sheridan, and Shelly (1 grey, 2 dilute torties). Unlike some of the other mamas, she was able to nurse her kittens until they could be weaned and was returned to the colony on May 21, 2015, along with Hera. She was brought back in on August 7, 2018, with Chapel because she needs a dental. Her ears are good, but she has a tooth abscess. She had her dental surgery on August 14, 2018, and had 10 teeth removed, including 3 canines.
- Sigma (Cassidy’s and Topper’s mama) was originally TNRed and released back to the colony with Quarren on August 20, 2015. (Cassidy and Topper would have been about 7 weeks old at the time, well past weaning age.) She was brought back in on August 12, 2018, because she needs some dental work. On intake, Shelly found that Sigma only has three teeth.
These are the pregnant cats who were brought in from the colony to have their last litters in safety and comfort. Hopefully everyone — mamas and babies — decide humans are OK and adoption is a good idea.
- There are currently no pregnant or nursing Happy Forest cats at TKHQ.
Pending Furry Tail Endings
- Marcus was originally trapped on June 18, 2015, and neutered the following day before being returned to the forest.
- In October 2017, Marcus showed up at the feeding station with what was feared to be a broken leg. After a long but fruitless attempt on October 20, 2017, he was finally caught on October 21 and taken directly to Canada West Vets, where they determined that his leg was not broken but just badly infected from a likely bite wound. He stayed at TKHQ for several days but was ultimately returned to the Happy Forest on November 1.
- Once back at the colony, Marcus started becoming very social with the feeding station volunteers. (He also took over as “chief tripping hazard” from Saratoga after she went into foster care.) He and Sable were brought back into TKHQ on December 11, 2017.
- He went into foster care with VOKRA (along with Echo) in mid-December, 2017.
- Echo was originally trapped on April 8, 2015, and taken to LAPS. She gave birth to three kittens (a male black, female grey tabby, male grey tabby) there on April 18, 2015. Echo didn’t take well to being inside and so was spayed and returned to the colony on April 21, 2015. (Her kittens were put in with another litter.)
- Back at the colony, she slowly started to be more social with the feeding station volunteers. She was brought in to TKHQ in mid-December 2017, a few days after Marcus and Sable came in — primarily to keep Marcus company in foster care at VOKRA, since Sable has health issues (kidney issues and asthma) that need to be gotten under control. She and Marcus went into foster care at VOKRA shortly after she was trapped.
Furry Tail Endings
These are cats and kittens who were trapped at the colony or were taken in temporarily and/or socialized to some degree by neighbours of the property where the colony is and who subsequently went on to be adopted into forever homes.
- Doe — Arrived at LAPS in late March 2015, very pregnant; she had obviously been a pet at some point and so she was put into foster care to have her babies and hopefully be adopted herself. She had and raised her kittens and was adopted June 20, 2015.
- Game of Thrones litter — Arya, Brienne, Jon Snow, and Tyrion arrived at LAPS as orphaned one-week-old kittens from the feral colony on April 20, 2015; they were combined with three non-feral kittens into one bottle-fed litter. They were all adopted into forever homes, but I don’t have details.
- Fred and Ginger — Brought in from the colony as kittens on May 8, 2015. They had a long battle with ringworm. They were adopted together sometime between July 12 (when it was noted that an adoption planned for the previous week had fallen through) and September 7, when their new people posted an update on the LAPS Facebook page, but I don’t know the exact date. [See cute pic of Ginger and Fred from July 3.]
- Nine* kittens were brought in to LAPS from the feral colony on May 12, 2015. (*The announcement at the time said five kittens and one mama cat with her three kittens, but that turned out to be nine kittens.)
- Four of them — Marigold, Mirabella, Moto, and Rufus (named after hobbits) — tested positive for ringworm and were put in with Fred and Ginger. Rufus and Marigold were adopted on July 3, 2015. Moto and Mirabella, who were much shyer, were adopted sometime later. [See cute pics of Rufus, Marigold, Moto and Mirabella from July 3. And of Moto and Mirabella from July 7.]
- The other five kittens were the “Wheelbarrow Litter“. (They are the “Orphan – WB – #” kittens in the cats list on tinykittens.com.) They were about four weeks old when brought in after (if I remember correctly) they were found in a wheelbarrow at the colony. I only know the names of two of the kittens: Harper (black girl, aka “Orphan – WB – 4) and Kelley (brown tabby and white girl, aka “Orphan – WB 1”), (See 2015-07-23 Facebook post for pics.) They were fostered by Melissa and Drew of Westwood Heights Pet Hospital. All were adopted, but I don’t have details.
- Ocean Litter — Ocean and her kittens Scuba, Coral, and Buoy were brought in to LAPS from the colony infected with ringworm on July 10, 2015. (Ocean was returned to the colony as she wasn’t cooperating with the ringworm treatment protocol.) Coral was adopted on September 25, 2015, and Buoy was adopted some time before that. Scuba was adopted on September 28, 2015.
- Forest — Arrived at LAPS on July 11, 2015. (He was initially thought to be a girl.) He was adopted around July 30, 2015. [See cute pics of him from July 11, July 12, July 13, July 14., July 14, ]
- The Gorillaz Litter — These were Nori’s kittens Russell (ginger boy), 2D (boy), Murdoc (black boy), and Noodle (torbie girl); they were about 12 weeks old when they were brought in to LAPS without Nori on July 14, 2015. They were all adopted, but I don’t know the details. (Russell was adopted before Aug. 28.) [See cute pic of Russell from July 14 and cute pic of Noodle and Murdoc from a few days later. Another cute pic of Russell from Aug 4.]
- Lilypad — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on July 27, 2015, having just given birth to two kittens (Pollywog and Tadpole) who both died within 24 hours of birth (Pollywog shortly after birth at the colony and Tadpole at TKHQ); she was transferred to LAPS and then adopted on August 2, 2016.
- The Nut Litter — Pecan (dliute calico), Pistachio (dilute ginger), Hazelnut (tortie), and Walnut (ginger) were brought in to LAPS from the feral colony on August 4, 2015. They were about four weeks old at the time and had ringworm. They were all adopted in early October 2015, but I don’t have details. [See pic from September 25.]
- Calla Lily — Thought to be Lilypad’s sister (hence the “lily” name). Arrived at LAPS on August 6, 2015, very pregnant; she had and raised her kittens and was adopted on November 29, 2015.
- Sarin — Arrived at LAPS on August 12, 2015; adopted August 29, 2015.
- Cassidy — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on September 5, 2015 with his brother Topper; he was adopted in spirit by Shelly from the moment Shelly laid eyes on him, but it took her several months to admit it. 😉
- Topper — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on September 5, 2015 with his brother Cassidy; he was adopted October 7, 2015.
- Rolling Stones (and guest) Litter — Grace Slick, Mick, Keith, and Ronnie were trapped by the property owner and taken by TK to LAPS on October 8, 2015, about a week or so after their mother had likely been killed by a coyote. They were fostered by TK/LAPS volunteer Lorie N. and her husband. Ronnie and Grace Slick were adopted on November 13, 2015. Mick was adopted on November 19, 2015. Keith was adopted on November 27, 2015.
- Torelius (aka Mr. T) — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ with Pinecone on October 26, 2015; he was adopted together with Pinecone on November 26, 2015.
- Pinecone — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ with Mr. T on October 26, 2015; he was adopted together with Mr. T on November 26, 2015.
- The Holiday Kittens/Cats:
- Holly Belle — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ with Jingle Bell on November 29, 2015, she was adopted on January 20, 2016
- Jingle Bell — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ with Holly Belle on November 29, 2015; he was adopted on February 13, 2016.
- Nicholas — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on December 2, 2015; he was adopted on February 13, 2016.
- Noelle — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on December 2, 2015; she was adopted together with Elf on March 30, 2016.
- Elf — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on December 2, 2015; she was adopted together with Noelle on March 30, 2016.
- Comet — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on December 2, 2015; he was adopted together with Mistletoe on February 13, 2016.
- Mistletoe — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on December 8, 2015; she was adopted together with Comet on February 13, 2016.
- Joy — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on December 9, 2015; thought to be Holly’s sister; she was adopted January 30, 2016.
- December 2015 ringworm kittens at LAPS: These were kittens brought in from the colony quite ill and infected with ringworm. They didn’t all come in at the same time, but they ended up hanging out together in one of the isolation rooms at LAPS. [see pic of all three from January 17]
- Beetlejuice — Black male kitten trapped on December 9, 2015 with Spice and brought to LAPS; he had a ruptured eyeball that had to be removed and a high parasite load, including ringworm. He was thought to be about 12 weeks old on intake. He was adopted on February 4, 2016. [See pics from February 3 here and here. And update from his forever home on March 3.]
- Spice — Trapped on December 9, 2015 with Beetlejuice and brought to LAPS; she was about 16 weeks old on intake and particularly feral, so much so that she was originally named Scary Spice. She eventually decided humans weren’t too bad and was adopted on February 6, 2016. [See pic from January 7 and from February 1.]
- Ralphie — Came in from the colony with his ginger brother Farkus (named after characters in “The Christmas Story”) on December 19, 2015. Both kittens were in bad shape, sick with URIs and infected with ringworm; Farkus unfortunately passed away a few days after they came in, but Ralphie survived and was adopted in early January 2016.
- Tellar — Arrived at LAPS on January 13, 2016; he was adopted on February 13, 2016.
- Enara — Trapped (for second time – first was for spay in 2015) on January 20, 2016, and brought to TinyKittens HQ; she was adopted on February 20, 2016.
- Tiger Buffy — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on January 27, 2016; he was adopted February 13, 2016.
- Rio — Trapped (for second time – first was for spay in 2015) on January 29, 2016, and brought to LAPS for socialization; she was adopted March 10, 2016.
- Kestrel — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on February 19, 2016; she was adopted March 18, 2016.
- Season and Shiver — Arrived at LAPS on February 24, 2016; after a failed first adoption, followed by some additional time at LAPS and TKHQ, they went to their final forever home in Winnipeg on August 12, 2016.
- Puddles — Arrived at LAPS on February 24, 2016; he was adopted fairly quickly, but I don’t have the details at the moment.
- Blossom — Arrived at LAPS on February 24, 2016; she was adopted on May 2, 2016.
- Sloane — Originally arrived at TinyKittens HQ on May 6, 2015, very pregnant; she had her kittens and raised them for four weeks before returning to the forest on June 11, 2015. After some time socializing with the TNR team on her own terms in the Happy Forest, she returned to TKHQ on May 13, 2016, and was adopted on June 5, 2016.
- Neelix — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on February 25, 2016, very pregnant; she had and raised her kittens and was adopted August 4, 2016, with Maravel.
- Skye — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on March 23, 2016, very pregnant; she had and raised her kittens and was adopted June 30, 2016.
- Maravel — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on May 13, 2016; he was adopted August 4, 2016, with Neelix.
- Jamie Fraser and Claire Fraser — Arrived at LAPS on May 28, 2016. I’m fairly certain they were adopted together but I can’t remember the date. (It was after July 25, 2016.)
- Big Bang Theory Kittens — These six very sick and starving kittens — Alvin❤, Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, and Raj — were brought in from the feral colony on June 23, 2016. (Alvin did not survive his illnesses.) They were in isolation for several months as a result of a number of the issues they had. Just as they were about ready for adoption in late September, they all came down with URIs and were back in isolation again being treated for that. Penny was adopted on December 6, 2016. All of the other surviving kittens were also adopted, but I don’t have details at the moment.
- Barclay — Arrived at TinyKittens HQ on August 8, 2016; he went to his forever home with Mr. T and Pinecone in California on August 12, 2016.
- Starling — Arrived at TKHQ on August 8, 2016. She gave birth to seven kittens (six surviving) on September 14/15, 2016. She was adopted (with Sparrow, one of her kittens) on December 6, 2016.
- Ramses — Initially trapped on January 13, 2016 along with Reggie, Henrietta, Caden, Satine, and Shiloh. He was neutered and then went back to LAPS for possible socialization. He didn’t handle being there very well and so was returned to the colony on January 15, 2016. He proved more social in his own element, handing out love and drool to the TNR team members. An adopter was found for him — he was brought in to spend some time in foster care with Gwen before heading to his new home on October 4, 2016.
- QuinnBunny – Quinn was trapped on February 18, 2017, during the February Feral Fix-a-thon. She’d already been spayed but needed to come in for a dental. During her dental surgery on February 19, 2017, it was determined that she has a lot of dental issues. Three of her teeth were removed and she’ll need regular dental care and likely full mouth extraction at some point in the near future. (Full mouth extraction would have been too long a procedure for the fix-a-thon.) They can’t return her to the Happy Forest with those kinds of issues so she, like Calvin, she was on the long track to socialization and a loving forever home. She went to her forever home with Macey on March 25, 2017.
- Macey – Macey is really good at following her biological mandate to continue the species. She’s been pregnant or nursing during pretty much every trapping session. Lately, she’s been getting more and more friendly at the feeding station and she was earmarked for trapping during the February Feral Fix-a-thon. They’d seen some ‘mating activity’ at the colony in the days leading up to the trapping day, but thankfully Macey was not yet pregnant. She was spayed on February 24, 2017, and hung out at TKHQ for a few weeks until she went to her forever home with QuinnBunny on March 25, 2017.
- Calvin — Calvin was trapped on October 15, 2016, and included with the F1 colony cats who were trapped and fixed as a part of the fix-a-thon weekend. One of his eyes was in bad shape and he had been on the TK hit list for a long time. (His eye was actually in the process of rupturing when they went in to remove the eye on October 16, 2016, so he was trapped just in time.) He wasn’t taking well to the socializing attempts and they were considering returning him to the colony when they found out he is diabetic. So Calvin was on the long socialization plan, whether he wanted to or not. Through insulin and a diet plan, his diabetes went into remission. He was adopted on April 21, 2017.
- Aussie (Down Under) kittens — Four feral kittens — two tabby and white boys and two very fierce ginger girls — were discovered in a barn (on the side of the property TK doesn’t have access to) by the Property Owner. Repairs to the barn they were in two week prior left them separated from their mama. They were in pretty good shape all things considered so they must have been able to find food. The PO trapped them late on May 28, 2017, and Gwen brought them to TKHQ for intake. They had URIs. All kittens were adopted. [I’ll have a better update here soon]
- Ophelia and Robbie — I don’t have any details about how or even when (presumably in 2015 or 2016), but mama Ophelia and her kitten Robbie were also brought in and adopted, but I don’t believe they went through TK or LAPS.
- Hannity and Riska were adopted together on May 4, 2018. (Now known collectively as Hanna Tea and Riska Biskit)
- Hannity was spayed on March 25, 2015, and returned to the colony shortly after that. She was brought in with Saratoga in late November, early December 2017 as they were very social at the colony. On December 11, we learned that they were in foster care (and expected to be adopted out by) VOKRA, the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association, which has a large network of experienced foster homes. They came back to TKHQ on January 27, 2018, as their VOKRA foster was going away. Hannity hung out with the Spice Girls before briefly going to visit with Saratoga at her then home in late April. She returned to TinyKittens with Saratoga in early May, shortly before going to her forever with Riska.
- Riska was brought in to TKHQ from the colony on January 27, 2018. She was one of the few intact females at the colony and could possibly have been pregnant. More critical, though, is that she was suffering from an allergy or anxiety issue that caused large bald patches on her legs. That couldn’t be treated properly until they confirmed that she was not pregnant. She spent time upstairs with Mason and the Tiny Tuxies while her alopecia and allergies were treated.
- Cub — Cub was brought in from the colony with terrible teeth. He had dental surgery that resulted in the removal of 17 teeth. He was adopted by the same family that adopted Tiger Buffy from the Happy Forest (and Obi from the LAPS Kenya litter), and went home on July 30, 2018.
- Saratoga — Saratoga was originally trapped on April 8, 2015. She was very pregnant when brought in; unfortunately, she was so stressed that she miscarried her entire litter and was spayed the following day and returned to the forest. She was brought in with Hannity in late November, early December 2017 as they were very social at the colony. On December 11, we learned that they were in foster care (and expected to be adopted out by) VOKRA, the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association, which has a large network of experienced foster homes. They both came back to TKHQ on January 27, 2018, as their VOKRA foster was going away. Saratoga was adopted and went to her new forever home at a farm on Friday, March 23, 2018. Unfortunately, that situation did not work out despite much work and effort from everyone involved, and Saratoga came back to TKHQ to find her perfect forever home. She was fostered for several weeks by Hannity (Hanna Tea) and Riska’s family; she was officially adopted by them on August 8, 2018. Their Facebook page has been renamed Hanna Tea & Riska Biskit’s Tiny Toga Party.
- Chloe — Chloe is lovely ginger and white cat, a newcomer to the Happy Forest, having first been seen at the feeding station in late January 2018. She appeared to be pregnant then, but then showed up in February without the baby bump. When she was seen again in March, she appeared to be sporting a baby bump again so she was targeted for trapping. Kimsies and Shelly trapped her (despite her wily trap-shyness) on Friday, March 23, 2018, and brought her back to Shelly’s. She was confirmed pregnant and gave birth to five kittens (Brie, Fontina, Cheddar, Colby, and Aura) on April 22, 2018. She has kidney disease and was in need of a dental. (She had some teeth removed when she was spayed.) She has been adopted by the Jedikittens (formerly known as Justin and Farrah from Skye’s litter) mom.
- A very pregnant Sable was initially trapped on March 5, 2016, and brought to TKHQ to have her babies. She had her kittens (the Yams, otherwise known at the Dr. Seuss Kittens) on March 10, 2016. She was a formidable and protective mama, but not particularly enthusiastic about humans so she returned to the colony on April 22, 2016.
- Sable had been gradually getting friendlier with the humans at the feeding station and in the weeks and months leading up to her return to TKHQ with Marcus on December 11, 2017, had become quite social with the volunteers. The plan had been to send her and Marcus together into foster care with VOKRA, but Sable started showing signs of being off her food at the feeding station just prior to her trapping. She was found to be in the early stages of kidney disease and she has asthma; she is currently getting a variety of medications and treatments to help with the kidney disease (including subQ fluids) and has an inhaler (and mask) for the asthma. She was adopted by the same family who adopted Quinnbunny and Macey and went to her new forever home on August 18, 2018.
Sort of Furry Tail Endings
- Felix and Sasha — Were trapped at the colony in March 2015 and re-homed successfully at a barn. [See update from August 2015.]
- Rose — Rose was trapped on July 23, 2015. She had her kittens at LAPS on July 31, 2015, and was in line to eventually get her own forever home until one of her kittens (Sage) tested positive for ringworm. Rose didn’t take well to the ringworm treatment protocol and was returned to the colony on September 23, 2015. The Property Owner later let Shelly know that some neighbours who had been familiar with Rose before her trapping were taking care of her. So while it wasn’t the furry tail ending initially envisioned for her, it seems to have been one for her.
- Update (October 2016): Rose was inadvertently trapped at the F1 colony during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. (They didn’t start to suspect who she was until it was determined at the fix-a-thon on October 16 that this “new cat” that was trapped was already spayed. Back at TKHQ, her familiarity with doors and other trappings of human life made Shelly and chatters suspect her true identity, which was later confirmed by a check of her tattoo.)
- She was still not particularly amenable to being indoors with humans so she was released again, this time at the F1 colony where she’d been clearly hanging out. Rose would still tell you this was her happy ever after. (Interesting note: Her ear hadn’t been tipped when she was initially spayed because at the time they thought she’d be adoptable; and it wasn’t tipped this time around because they thought she might have been someone’s lost pet. So Rose is the only cat TNRed — twice! — at these colonies with an intact ear.)
- Stay #1: Tiberius stayed briefly at TKHQ while recovering from having a jar stuck on his head for several days. On April 27, 2016, he was returned to the colony property neighbours who’d been socializing him. He’s still an outdoor, freedom-loving cat but he seems to enjoy the company of his people there so this is definitely his idea of a furry tail ending.
- Stay #2: Tiberius is back at TinyKittens temporarily after he showed up at the feeding station with a limp. A visit to Mountain View showed it to be a soft tissue injury to one of his toes; he stayed at TKHQ while receiving treatment, after which he returned to his happy ever after as a loved outdoor former feral with neighbours at the colony.
Kittens Born at TinyKittens HQ or LAPS to Mothers From the Colony
All surviving kittens from these litters were adopted into loving homes. Because they were all born and raised in the care of humans, these kittens wouldn’t technically be considered ferals…but they are products of the feral colony and thus the happily ever afters for the kittens who survived qualify for listing here.
- Shelby‘s six kittens Sherlock, Shia, Sheriff, Shayla, Sheridan, and Shelly were born at LAPS on April 16, 2015. They were speutered on June 16, 2015, and were all adopted very shortly after that.
- Hera‘s six kittens Harding, Harriet, Harris, Hayden, Henderson, and Humphrey were born at LAPS on April 17, 2015, and were all adopted.
- Echo‘s three kittens (a male black, female grey tabby, male grey tabby) were born at LAPS on April 18, 2015, and were all adopted. (Echo was returned to the colony very shortly after giving birth and her kittens were raised with Lil’ Kim’s kittens. I don’t know their names or litter theme.)
- Doe‘s five kittens were born early in the morning on April 19, 2015, and were all adopted. (I don’t know their names or even the litter theme, but at least one kitten was a black tuxie like mama, with the white nose stripe that shows up a lot at this colony, and at least two were tabbies.)
- Sloane‘s kittens Badger, Katydid, Cricket, and Junebug were born at TinyKittens HQ on May 11 and May 12, 2015; they were all adopted.
- Rose‘s kittens Thorny, Anthos, Sage, and Violet were born July 31, 2015, at LAPS. (Rose was socializing quite well herself until one of the kittens tested positive for ringworm and the ringworm protocol had to be implemented. She didn’t take well to the treatments and so had to be returned to the forest. ) All of the kittens were adopted.
- Sisko‘s kittens Toothless❤, Bambi, Owl, Walt, Thumper, Flower, Bluebelle, and Daisy were born at TinyKittens HQ on August 6, 2015, and were all adopted.
- Calla Lily gave birth to her kittens Captain, Galaxy, Treasure, and Picasso at LAPS (technically at foster mom Alicia’s and at the vet) on September 1, 2015, and were all adopted.
- Sable‘s kittens Bartholomew Mercury Geisel, Mayzie McGrew, Cindy Lou Mew❤, and Trudie McFuzz were born at TinyKittens HQ on March 10, 2016, and were all adopted.
- Savina‘s kittens Brae, Fraser, Hudson, and Chas were born at TinyKittens HQ on April 11, 2016, and were all adopted.
- Neelix‘s kittens Elvis, Tessa, and Petra were born at TinyKittens HQ on April 12 and 13, 2016, and were all adopted.
- Skye‘s kittens Belfast, Kohler, Justin, and Farrah were born at TinyKittens HQ (well, technically at Mountain View Veterinary Hospital) on April 19, 2016, and were all adopted.
- Starling‘s kittens Sparrow, Egret, Puffin, Wren, Magpie, and Paloma were born on September 14, 2016. Her seventh kitten, Dove❤, was stillborn in the early hours of September 15, 2016. Starling and all of her kittens were adopted into loving homes.
- Ramona‘s kittens Beezus, Little Prince❤, Huggins, Ribsy, and Quimby❤ were born on April 17, 2018. Little Prince had congenital defects and passed away on April 18, 2018, soon after birth. Quimby, unfortunately, also failed to thrive and passed away on April 23, 2018. After a failed, short-lived first adoption, Beezus was adopted along with Rula’s surviving kitten Nakia by Foster Dad John on July 26 2018. Huggins and Ribsy went to their forever home on August 15, 2018.
- Rula‘s kittens — black twins Okoye❤ and T’Challa❤ and tortie Nakia (named for the Black Panther movie) — were born on April 19, 2018. Unfortunately, Okoye failed to thrive and passed away in the early afternoon of April 24, 2018. Her twin brother T’Challa also failed to thrive and joined Okoye in the morning of April 26, 2018. Nakia thrived and moved in with Chloe’s and Ramona’s kitten in their communal litter. After a failed, short-lived first adoption, Nakia was adopted along with Ramona’s kitten Beezus by Foster Dad John on July 26 2018.
- Chloe‘s kittens Brie, Fontina, Cheddar, Colby, and Aura were born on April 22, 2018. Aura was born with a severe cleft palate and had to be tube fed until she bit through and swallowed her tube (requiring surgical intervention to retrieve); after that she was hand-fed kibble, eventually learning to eat on her own. She will have surgery to correct the cleft when she’s older and has her adult teeth. Brie and Fontana and Cheddar and Colby have been adopted as pairs. Aura will not be adopted out until she has had her surgery.
Temporary Guests of TinyKittens HQ or LAPS
These are cats/kittens who stayed at LAPS or TKHQ for a time while they recovered or while socialization was attempted with them but who subsequently returned to the forest. (This list does not include cats who just stayed overnight at LAPS while awaiting their spay/neuter surgeries with no attempts at socialization.)
- Hera — Was trapped on April 8, 2015, and taken to LAPS. She was returned to the colony on May 21, 2015.
- Sisko — Was trapped on July 9, 2015, and brought to TKHQ. She had her kittens on August 6, 2015, and was returned to the colony on September 4, 2015.
- Ocean — Was brought into LAPS from the colony with her kittens on July 10, 2015; she didn’t cooperate well with the ringworm treatment protocol and was returned to the colony on July 30, 2015.
- Mila — Was trapped on July 20, 2015, and brought to TKHQ. She was returned to the colony on August 11, 2015.
- Henley — Starling’s sister and the first of the pair to be trapped and go into foster care with TinyKittens. She was about five months old when she was trapped on August 19, 2015, and went into foster care with Dawn (the kitten whisperer hooman of Panther, now known as Phoenix, of the Jungle Kittens) for socialization until she went for her spay surgery on August 25, 2015; there it was determined that she had ringworm and, since she was still quite feral and thus not likely to put up with the standard ringworm protocol, she was returned to the Happy Forest. She has only been seen rarely since, and not at all in a long time. [I think things might have been different if she’d come in a few months later. At the time Henley was in foster care, the standard practice would have been to send ringworm cases to LAPS for treatment, which Henley would not have dealt with well. A few months after Henley returned to the Happy Forest, TinyKittens was dropped into the ringworm deep end with Jingle Bell and the other “holiday” kittens, which brought about a change in how they dealt with ringworm-infected ferals — because a couple of the infected kittens were sick, injured, or a danger to themselves (*cough* Jingle *cough*), returning them to the forest was not an option TinyKittens entertained, nor was sending them to LAPS.]
- Nova — Was trapped on November 17, 2015. They thought she might be pregnant but a check at Mountain View on the 18th showed she wasn’t so she was spayed and then brought back to TKHQ for possible socialization. In the end, she returned to the colony on November 25, 2015.
- Reggie — Was trapped on January 13, 2016; brought to LAPS; he returned to colony on January 15, 2016,
- Caden — Was trapped on January 13, 2016; brought to LAPS; he returned to colony on January 24, 2016.
- Shiloh — Was trapped on January 13, 2016; brought to TinyKittens HQ on January 15, 2016; she returned to colony on January 22, 2016.
- Satine — Was trapped on January 13, 2016; brought to TinyKittens HQ on January 15, 2016; she returned to colony on February 17, 2016.
- Raven — Was trapped on January 20, 2016; brought to TinyKittens HQ on January 21, 2016; she returned to colony on January 27, 2016.
- Eaton — Was trapped on January 25, 2016; kept at LAPS or in foster care with Foster Mom Jules until February 21, 2016, when he returned to the colony.
- Eliann — Was trapped on February 24, 2016; brought to TKHQ on February 25 2016; she returned to colony on February 29, 2016.
- Savina — Was trapped on February 24, 2016. She was brought to TKHQ on February 24, 2016, had her babies on April 10, spent some time recovering from her spay and other health issues, and then was returned to the colony on May 25, 2016.
- Faerie — Was trapped on March 3, 2016; she was brought to TKHQ and later returned to colony on March 29, 2016.
- She was originally trapped on January 13, 2016, and was brought to LAPS with several other cats for possibly socialization. She wasn’t happy there and returned to colony on January 24, 2016.
- She was brought back in on January 14, 2018, after it was noticed that she was very scrawny. (Most of the other cats at the colony are anything but that.) On intake, Shelly noticed a hard lump in Henrietta’s colon (as was the case with Pansy). Henrietta hung out with Pansy and Sable for awhile, until she was feeling better. She was clearly still not happy being around humans and so returned to the colony again on February 17, 2018.
- Quarren – Quarren was originally spayed in August 2015 and returned to the colony. She was on the priority list in early 2018 (possibly before) due to poor body condition and likely dental issues. She was trapped by Lorie N. on February 12, 2018, and brought in to TKHQ. She was infested with lice, had a mouth in desperate need of a dental, and an wound on her right rear foot. (She was also missing a toe nail on that foot.) After her medical issues were taking care of, it was clear she was not enthusiastic about human companionship so she was returned to the Happy Forest. (When seen there on March 23, 2018, TK noted that she has a large bald patch on her upper back, cause unknown, but otherwise looks good.)
- Sierra — Sierra was approximately 5 months old when she was brought in to TKHQ, possibly pregnant. Thankfully that turned out to not be the case and she was spayed and returned to the colony where they will continue to socialize her. (She was very unhappy being in human company.)
- Rollins — Rollins was brought in, badly in need of dental work. He hung out for awhile at TKHQ, but was not the happy cat he was in the colony. He returned to the colony (and his old happy self) in late May 2018. TNR volunteers will continue to work with his socialization there.
- Rula — Pregnant feral Rula was brought in from the Happy Forest on April 3, 2018, at around the same time as Chloe and Ramona. She is all true black with a stockier build, rounder face, and denser-looking fur (including her two chin/cheek muttonchops) than Ramona. She gave birth to three kittens — black twins Okoye and T’Challa and tortie Nakia — named for the Black Panther movie. Unfortunately, Okoye failed to thrive and passed away in the early afternoon of April 24, 2018. Her twin brother T’Challa also failed to thrive and joined Okoye in the morning of April 26, 2018. Nakia moved in with Chloe’s and Ramona’s kitten in their communal litter. Rula temporarily moved in with the Spice Girls at TKHQ on April 29, 2018, as she just wasn’t thriving in the maternity ward. She was eventually spayed and had some minor health issues treated. However, she wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the Happy Forest.
- Ramona — Pregnant feral Ramona was brought in from the Happy Forest colony by Gwen on April 2, 2018. She is a lovely rusted or brownish black colour and was about as far along in her pregnancy as Chloe is; she is missing a toe on her right front foot (injury is healing well). She is new to the feeding station. She gave birth to five tabby kittens (named after the Ramona Quimby books) — Beezus, Huggins, Ribsy, Quimby, and Little Prince — on April 17, 2018. Little Prince failed to thrive and passed away on April 18, 2018, and Quimby passed away on April 23, 2018. She eventually moved over to the kidney room at TKHQ with Chloe (and later others from the colony). She returned to the colony on August 17, 2018, along with Billings.
- Billings — Classic ginger and white, brought in on August 6, 2018, because he is in need of a dental. He was originally TNRed on April 15/16, 2015, in the same batch of TNRs as Pinecone. (His name doesn’t follow the usual colony naming convention as he was catalogued before that naming convention was put firmly in place — as a ginger tabby and white cat, he would normally have been given a name beginning with the letter “C”.) He had his dental surgery on August 7, 2018, and had three teeth removed. He recovered well and returned to the colony with Ramona on August 17, 2018.
❤ RIPs ❤
- Nash — Hit by a car at the feral colony on May 6, 2015. Buried near feeding station.
- Lilypad’s kittens Pollywog and Tadpole — Pollywog died very shortly after birth, at the property where he’d been born. Tadpole came in to TinyKittens HQ with his mother Lilypad but despite intensive care from Shelly, he passed away on July 25, 2015
- Sisko’s kitten Toothless died within a day of birth, on August 7, 2015.
- Quark — Hit by a car at the feral colony on September 28, 2015. Buried near feeding station.
- Nova’s kittens Rain, Sunny, Storm, & Haze — When Nova brought all four six-week-old kittens to the feeding station in mid-October 2015, they were already pretty sick with anemia, parasites, and the various viruses that go around the colony. Rain was brought in first and spent the night in the bathroom at TinyKittens HQ, but she was too sick and died on October 19, 2015. Sunny and Haze were trapped and brought in shortly after Rain died but were also too sick to survive — Sunny died on October 23, 2015 and Haze died October 27, 2015 after some intense TLC from Kayla at LAPS. (Storm was never caught and is presumed to have passed on like his siblings as he never showed up at the station again after they were trapped.)
- Farkus — Came in from the colony with his brother Ralphie (named after characters in “The Christmas Story”) on December 19, 2015. Both kittens were in bad shape; Farkus unfortunately passed away on December 22, 2015.
- Sable’s kitten Cindy Lou Mew died on March 13, 2016, from congenital issues a few days after birth.
- Trigg — Hit by a car at the feral colony on March 21, 2016. (Killed within a few days of Terek being killed.) Buried near feeding station.
- Terek — Hit by a car at the feral colony in March 2016. (Killed within a few days of Trigg being killed.) Buried near feeding station.
- Elkins — Unknown. (Hit by car? Only know his status because he’s listed as deceased on the TinyKittens site.)
- Alvin — One of the “Big Bang Theory” kittens brought in from the colony; he was too ill and passed away on June 25, 2016.
- Taurus — Hit by a car at the feral colony on July 9, 2016.
- Reese — Reese was trapped on July 9, 2016, and stayed at TKHQ while he recovered from an injured foot. He wasn’t happy indoors, though, and was returned to the colony on July 14, 2016. Several weeks later, Shelly found his body after he’d been hit by a car on a side road near the colony.
- Starling’s youngest kitten Dove was stillborn on September 15, 2016.
- Cosmo — He was an older ginger kitten (about 4-to-5 months old), the first and only kitten seen seen at the Happy Forest colony during the 2017 kitten season. He passed away on October 2, 2017. (Cause currently unknown, I presume hit by car or attacked by another animal as he was apparently pretty healthy and happy when seen the previous day)
- Colton — Hit by a car and buried at the colony on April 9, 2018 (Note: This cat was perhaps not actually Colton, as Colton was supposedly brought in after that for TNR.)
- Ramona’s second oldest kitten, Little Prince, was born with some congenital issues; he failed to thrive and passed away the morning of April 18, 2018, at less than a day old. Her oldest kitten, Quimby, also failed to thrive and passed away the morning of April 23, 2018.
- Rula’s black panther girl, Okoye, failed to thrive and passed away in the early afternoon of April 24, 2018. Okoye’s twin brother, T’Challa, also failed to thrive and joined Okoye in the morning of April 26, 2018.
- Pansy — Pansy was originally trapped on January 20, 2016; brought to TinyKittens HQ on January 21, 2016, to recover after her spay surgery. She wasn’t thrilled at the prospect of human contact and was returned to the colony on January 27, 2016. She was brought back in to TK on December 23, 2017, underweight and constipated. She appeared to have kidney disease and other hard-to-pin-down issues and went through a number of tests. She went in to Mountain View for a biopsy on May 17, 2018. She came out of anaesthetic okay but started to crash after that. She was transported to the ER, where she ultimately was humanely euthanized in order to prevent further suffering. Pathology results indicate that she had diffuse lymphoma throughout her body and would have only had a few months at best even with chemotherapy and those likely would not have been quality months.