Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. Glimmer weighs 916 grams (up from 890), Star weighs 674 grams (up from 658), Ribbon weighs 836 grams (up from 791), Tinsel weighs 1002 grams (up from 959) and Bow weighs 1071 grams (up from 1043). Mr. Pawesome sent the kittens a hexbug to play with and there was much pouncing and chasing.
NOTE: If you don’t normally watch these Periscope videos, can I just recommend that you watch this one? The kittens playing with the hexbug is guaranteed to have you giggling. Tinsel’s pouncing in particular is hilarious, like a little goat or like that elk calf jumping in a puddle video.
- Shelly did the usual physiotherapy with Cassidy today. She’s trying to get a wheel thing working, but is still refining it. Cassidy’s not impressed with it.
- Alicia had a short Periscope broadcast from Mary’s room shortly before she came into Comet and co’s room, but the video has disappeared completely from Periscope and so I couldn’t record it to upload to YouTube for anyone who missed it.
Note: At around 2am (Jan 3), the feed that was on Comet and co’s room was switched to Mary’s room. (The Livestream in Comet’s room ended some time before that — I’m guessing either the computer or the camera in there is out for the count, hence the switch to Mary.)
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Jules was on feeding station duty today. It was sunny and cold at the colony (1 C), and all the water was frozen. She put out new food (dry and wet) and fresh water. (Strangely enough, the Periscope broadcast available in the app itself cut out after about 10 minutes, for me at least and I presume others since Jules remarks on the loss of followers later in the video. Thankfully, Jules continued broadcasting so the whole 30+ minute video was available later.)
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: At around 2am PST (Jan 3), the feed that was on Comet and co’s room was switched to Mary’s room. (The Livestream in Comet’s room ended some time before that — I’m guessing either the computer or the camera in there is out for the count, hence the switch to Mary.)
- The kittens took down the cam in the early morning. Comet helpfully moved the plastic storage container of kibble so that we’d have something to see other than ceiling.
- Shelly posted a cute picture of Holly and Joy along with their background information.
- Alicia visited in the late morning. She fixed the kibble cam, cleaned up after the partying, and played with and cuddled the kittens.
- At some point after Alicia left, Holly rolled over a little too far in her clam bed on top of the cardboard castle and tipped the castle over on top of herself, with Comet and Joy looking on and wondering what was going on.
- Shelly visited in the early afternoon. It was deworming day so all kittens got Revolution.
- Lawana visited in the afternoon.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
Note: Jingle, Elf, and Nicholas, and Noelle are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for a monthly or annual fee. (Think of it as a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with a pledging award of the VIP cam feed.)
- Alicia visited around lunchtime. She fixed the cam, put out food and cleaned up a bit, and played with the kittens. [TinyKittens Cat Pack Facebook group posted pictures from this visit.]
- Gwen and Shelly visited at around 15:45 to clip the ringwormy areas on the kittens, in the hopes of shortening the infection time. (Jingle ended up with half his tail completely shaved so it looks like a possum tail; Noelle had her tail and back shaved, which matches up with her already-bald belly and feet; Nicholas had some patches and part of his tail shaved, though not as much as Jingle; Elf’s tail was shaved, giving her “the moth-eaten look”. It was also deworming day so all kittens got Revolution.
- Lawana visited shortly after the clipping. She was amused by the clipping.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Periscope Julia Krause Feeding ferals
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit
Tiny Kittens Lawana’s visit
[Page last updated: 2016-01-03 at 07:00 PST]