Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. Glimmer weighs 890 grams (up from 870), Star weighs 658 grams (up from 636), Ribbon weighs 791 grams (up from 783), Tinsel weighs 959 grams (up from 947) and Bow weighs 1043 grams (up from 1002).
- Shelly did her usual splinting physiotherapy with Cassidy. She was planning on doing one more session with him after she left TKHQ in the late evening.
- Mary’s body condition is improving and her gorging on food has slowed down to a healthy appetite. She’s still very social and cuddly.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
- Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy are really the sweetest, funniest big kittens. They are hilarious to watch when they’re on their own, playing with the toys and each other. I could fill up my YouTube account with videos just of them playing. Instead, I just post the occasional moment of sweetness and play. The video below from early this morning is one of those, a combination of fun with the cat teaser toy and a sweet moment between Joy and Mistletoe.
- Shelly visited in the morning. More playing with the cat teaser toy. (Can I just say that, even though it is kind of an annoying toy, I love how much the kittens enjoy this track toy. Not all cats do, but the ferals and former ferals seems to like PetSafe’s plastic automatic toys.) They’re all getting more confident and staying out when humans are in the room. Shelly talked possible pairings — Comet with Mistletoe and Holly with Joy seem to be the frontrunners for pairings upstairs. She’s gotten a few general applications (i.e. not for specific cats), but nothing for specific pairs or individual cats/kittens. (TKHQ needs five homes — one for Mary, two for the four upstairs kittens, and two for the downstairs kittens.) Still need to schedule Holly and Joy for their spays (just waiting on their second PCR negative).
- Suzanne visited. She got a lot of really good play time in with Comet, Holly, and Joy and the blue feather wand and the cat teaser toy as well. They are visibly more comfortable with having humans in the room these days, which is wonderful to see. (The TinyKittens Cat Pack Facebook group posted a number of pictures from this visit.)
- Shelly visited again in the late evening. Lots of cute kittens playing. Shelly gave an update on Mary and Cassidy. Trying to schedule spays for Holly and Joy for end of next week, early the following week (after the second PCR results are in, just in case).
- Shelly posted a really adorable picture of Comet and Mistletoe in the top bunk of the cat tree, along with their background information. They’re so sweet.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
Note: Jingle, Elf, and Nicholas, and Noelle are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for a monthly or annual fee. (Think of it as a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with a pledging award of the VIP cam feed.)
- The cam feed reset before I could see anything that might have happened in this room prior to the afternoon.
- Shelly probably visited in the morning.
- Suzanne visited after her visit with Comet and the others.
- Shelly visited in the late evening. She righted the toppled cam. Nicholas’s ears are bald. Noelle is still balding. Jingle is only missing hair on the bottom of his tail. Tomorrow is deworming day. Shelly talked about possible adoptions pairings — all of the kittens get along so well with each other that any pairing is a possibility. She also did “kitten, Yoda, or bunny?” with Nicholas as well as upside-down hover kitten. (Jingle was only up for partial upside-down hover kitten.) She’s considering clipping the downstairs kittens’ hair to see if that could reduce the ringworm duration, since a lot of the fluorescence is on the hair shafts. (It would involve clipping the areas that really fluoresce, not their entire coats, although Noelle is already so bald in patches and so fluorescent that she’d probably be more clipped than the others.) And they all still need to be spayed or neutered.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit
[Page last updated: 2016-01-02 at 09:40 PST]