- LAPS had a short New Year’s Eve Periscope out in the large dog yard with several canine guests.
Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- No videos were posted to the Livestream channel from today.
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. The kittens have a new purple bear toy (from a Happy Meal) and a new CatIt configuration. Glimmer weighs 870 grams (up from 834), Star weighs 636 grams (up from 591), Ribbon weighs 783 grams (up from 746), Tinsel weighs 947 grams (up from 919) and Bow weighs 1002 (!) grams (up from 969).
- LAPS posted a lovely update and new picture of Ralphie, who was brought in from the feral colony with his brother Farkus (as “The Christmas Story” kittens) in really bad shape on December 19. Farkus, unfortunately, could not overcome his health issues and passed away on December 22 but Ralphie is clearly a trouper and is looking great. He goes for his neuter next week.
- Kimsies posted a side-by-side shot of what he looked like before and now. Such a huge change.
- Shelly posted a lovely New Years thank you note.
- Shelly had a nice long update on Livestream with Cassidy. His right femur seems to be growing and the infection has cleared up again. She’s continuing to get him splinted as long as she can, and he’s doing his best to avoid that and get down to Very Important Kitten Business.
- No updates so presumably she continues to do well and enjoy her cuddle sessions.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
- Alicia and Gwen visited the kittens briefly in the morning — to clean, cuddle, feed, and give Joy her doxycycline — prior to heading downstairs to start the ringworm bathing for the other kittens.
- Lynda Tyler visited the kittens later in the morning, prior to heading downstairs to help out with the ringworm bathing herself. Holly, Joy, and Comet were endlessly fascinated by the PetSafe FroliCat POUNCE Rotating Cat Teaser, otherwise known as the automated yellow mouse on the circular track. (Did you know his official name is Marshal Maus?) Holly and Joy were quite effective at “catching” the mouse — I think it’s only a matter of time before they kill the toy.
- Lorie N. visited in the evening. She got some good play with Mistletoe on top of the tower, and with the others as well.
- Shelly stopped by just after midnight to visit with the kittens and take pictures of them with her good camera. Joy and Mistletoe were quite bold and confident, playing quite close to Shelly without force. And Shelly got in some quality cuddling with Joy.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
Note: Jingle, Elf, and Nicholas, and Noelle are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for a monthly or annual fee. (Think of it as a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with a pledging award of the VIP cam feed.)
- Today is ringworm bath day. Gwen and Alicia started things off, bathing Jingle and Nicholas before being joined by Lynda Tyler. All of the kittens (with the exception of Elf) take their baths pretty stoically these days. (And Gwen made sure that Noelle was not the first or last kitten done so that she wouldn’t be in either location by herself as she gets full of woe by herself.) The kitten room was cleaned thoroughly and fresh bedding and toys were put in.
- Lorie visited in the evening. She fixed the camera angle — the kittens had knocked it shortly after the bathers left them and the VIP viewers got a lovely view of the chat from the upstairs cam feed (i.e. the feed that used to be downstairs).
- Shelly visited after midnight (so technically January 1, but I’m putting it here because it was the end of her day). She fixed the feed on the monitor so that it was showing the chat for that room instead of the chat for upstairs. She also did some blacklighting of Jingle and Noelle — she sees some healthy new hair growth coming in on Noelle and both are looking better, ringworm-wise. They get a whole week off meds.. Elf is still snarfly, and her belly is still kind of round; Shelly thinks Holly is bigger than Elf now. Shelly cleaned everyone’s ears and gave everyone, including Elf, a good cuddle. The kittens get their next deworming the day after tomorrow.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Cassidy update 12 31 2015
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit
[Page last updated: 2016-01-01 at 13:30 PST]