Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. Glimmer weighs 834 grams (up from 800), Star weighs 591 grams (up from 579), Ribbon weighs 746 grams (up from 722), Tinsel weighs 919 grams (up from 875) and Bow weighs 969 grams (up from 935).
- Shelly took Mary in to Mountain View to have x-rays and an ultrasound. They’re nearly positive that there are no kittens left in her uterus, though she had eaten a lot and food and poop can obstruct the view somewhat. She’s scheduled to go back to Mountain View on Tuesday for her spay — before they do the spay, though, they’ll do another x-ray and ultrasound (she’ll have been fasting overnight at that point) to make sure there are no babies. Shelly said that Mary’s uterus isn’t very healthy and has fluid in it. Mary may need anitbiotics after her spay, but she could be available for adoption as early as Wednesday. (She’s very sweet.)
- Shelly switched the Comet and Co. Livestream feed over to Mary after her visit. Internet connection is wonky in that room so the feed kept resetting until Shelly switched it back over to Comet and Co. at around 1 a.m.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
- An earthquake occurred off the Saanich/Sidney coast of Vancouver Island late last night (December 29) at around 11:39 p.m. The effects were very slightly visible on the cams in this room, where you can see some of the kittens (Holly and Comet primarily) react just before and while it happens (they were a little extra alert for a few minutes before it as well), you can hear the house creaking, and you can see the tree nest cam shake a bit in the picture-in-picture.
- Amanda visited the kittens in the morning. This was her first visit with these kittens without having to use the iso protocol and scrubs. She got snuggles in with everyone, though Joy was her usual reluctant self.
- Lorie visited in the evening; however, I believe the feed was still switched over to Mary at the time and so it wasn’t streamed.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
Note: Jingle, Elf, and Nicholas, and Noelle are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for a monthly or annual fee. (Think of it as a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with a pledging award of the VIP cam feed.)
- Amanda visited in the morning. She cleaned up a soiled spot in front of the Kuranda tower with bleach, while trying to run interference on Jingle who wanted to check out the bleach. She had some really great play time with all of the kittens and the ribbon wand that they all adore. She got extended lap snuggle time and/or upside-down hover feral with all but Elf.
- Gwen visited to give them their meds and to have a little cuddle time with Elf. (Elf is hard to catch but you can tell that she enjoys the cuddles once she’s been caught.) She also played with the ribbon wand a bit and put out more food.
- Lorie visited in the evening. Most of her visit took place with her off the camera, but she had a good play session with the kittens and that glorious ribbon wand.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys announcement visit with Mary she will be spayed next Tuesday probably
[Page last updated: 2015/12/31 at 06:28 PST]