Note: Page is still being updated.
Star Wars Litter
- The Internet was down at LAPS for much of the day, which is why the cam was down.
- Lneya came and shared (just a bit) her chicken pot pie lunch with Amidala after she put the cam back on again. She raised the cam up on a tripod so viewers could get a better view. The kittens are all very active and all of their eyes are either fully open or very nearly fully open.
Foster Mom Dawn’s Litter (currently unnamed)
- Lneya set up a new Livestream event for the other mama and her kittens, who are in foster care with Dawn (kitten whisperer and human of Panther the Delightful Jungle Kitten).
- LAPS is having a donation contest for naming rights. The person who donates the most will be able to pick the theme and name the mama. The namers of the kittens will be drawn from the pool of other donators. If you want a chance to name a kitten or the mama, go to the LAPS website and click on any of the green Donate Now buttons, choose A Day in the Life at LAPS from the fund drop-down menu, and put a note in the note box indicating that this is for the naming contest for Dawn’s new fosters. The contest will be open until Kayla’s back from her days off on Tuesday.
- Added on December 29, 2015: The names have officially been chosen. The litter is the “Toast to the Holidays” litter, with drink-related names. Mama is Campari and the kittens are Advocaat (mostly black kitten), Kahlua (tortie), and Baileys (tortie with half-orange face).
Christmas Decoration Kittens
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with Star, Ribbon, Tinsel, Glimmer, and Bow. (Video to come.)
- Jules had a very short Periscope with Shiraz to show how well Shiraz is walking now. (The Periscope unfortunately cut short when Jules put her phone in the tripod.)
Noor, Paris, and France
- The French litter — Noor, Paris, and France — were all adopted (into separate but great homes) today.
- Ruby and Gem were adopted together today from the LAPS Satellite Adoption Centre at the Abbotsford Petsmart.
- Updates coming
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- At midnight (heading into December 14), Shelly switched the cam feeds so that the non-VIP viewers could get a look at the big kitten room with Holly, Comet, Joy, and Mistletoe.
Feral Art Cards
- The sets of cards created by Kimsies and the feral cats (including Quark) as a part of Kimsies’ Feral Art by Ferals for Ferals project are now available to order in the TinyKittensHQ Etsy shop. Cost is $25 US plus shipping and 100% of the proceeds go towards TNR efforts at the feral colony. Check it out at https://www.etsy.com/listing/260356067/feral-art-by-ferals-for-ferals. Quantities are limited for now, though I’m sure more will come later as needed. If you’re local, you can also buy them at Mountain View Veterinary Hospital.
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: The “Big Kids” room is currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for either a monthly or annual fee.
- Overnight notes: There was some heavy playing after Shelly left last night (see yesterday’s recap page for some screenshots) but after that the kittens were fairly quiet (relatively speaking) and mostly sleeping and eating. Holly did do some playing herself, which she hasn’t done a lot of (that I’ve seen) since her URI made her all snarfly, and Mistletoe managed to jump to the window sill from a precarious perch on the rim of the nesting bin.
- Suzanne visited in early afternoon. She brought more food and water and cleaned the litter boxes. All three girls were squished into the carrier when Suzanne came in. Comet got snuggles and pets. Holly came out of the carrier on her own and got some pets, though she’s still not a lap girl. And Joy was pulled into Suzanne’s lap for some cuddling. Mistletoe, on the other hand, was having none of it.
- Shelly visited at around 14:00 PST. Everyone got their appropriate meds (including ringworm meds and Panacur for at least Holly) and cuddles. They’ve run out of the ringworm meds, more is expected tomorrow. (They’ve also run out of the ringworm shampoo, more of that is also expected tomorrow for the ringworm bathing and disinfecting session.) Shelly cleaned out everyone’s ears. She also checked on Holly paws (they’re doing well) and Mistletoe’s spay incision (it’s also doing well). Shelly had to pull Joy into her lap, but after that Joy hung around of her own volition, which is a big deal compared to when she first came. Mistletoe was good while covered in Shelly’s lap, but in a hurry to escape once able to. (Her future is still up in the air. She’ll be at TKHQ for at least another couple of weeks or so to make sure her paw is healing OK. If by then she still isn’t really coming around to being an indoor cat, they’ll look at other options, which would be to either find a home that is willing to work with her long-term or to return her to the feeding station and continue to work with her there. Regardless, she won’t just be set free and abandoned. There’s still time, though, for the snugglers to work their magic.)
- Lorie visited in the late afternoon. She brought Temptations. She played with and cuddled Comet and Holly. She had to pull Joy into her lap for some snuggles and again, Joy was OK once she was out of hiding. Mistletoe wanted nothing to do with her, though she did watch play time from her hidey hole behind the bin at some points rather than just completely hiding away.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Overnight notes: Lots of play and scampiness….and the usual moving of the room camera. Someone in the room (Elf, I think) is sounding snarfly. Noelle is really coming into her own, pouncing, jumping, running, wrestling, and behaving like a normal, healthy kitten. It’s an awesome change from how quiet she’d been for so long.
- Suzanne visited in early afternoon. She brought more food and water, and played with all four kittens.
- Shelly visited at around 15:00 PST.
- Lorie visited in the late afternoon.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Suzanne visits RW room
Tiny Kittens Noelle & Nick playing
Tiny Kittens Shellys afternoon visit in RW room
[Page last updated: 2015/12/30 at 02:13 PST]