Whiskey and Sambuca
- Suzanne, while visiting with Amidala and the Star Wars kittens, mentioned a little bit about Whiskey and Sambuca. I gather they are still loose together, but tolerant of each other at most — not best buddies. Sambuca still bites when over-stimulated, but Whiskey is pretty chill.
Star Wars Litter
- Suzanne visited in the late morning, near noon. She was with someone else, but I don’t know who it was. (Jayne is off for 10 days so it will just be other staff members and volunteers visiting.) Several of the kittens’ collars are still off from when Amidala took them off last night.
- Emily visited with the kittens in the early afternoon. She replaced the AWOL collars, gave everyone a nice close-up, and put up a little cheat sheet on the back wall matching names with collar colours. (Chewie’s yellow collar appears to be the exact same shade of yellow on cam as Amidala’s eyes, which looks pretty cool.)
- Amidala *really* doesn’t like the collars. She took off Luke’s collar later in the afternoon, and then took it out of the nest and, by the sounds we heard on cam, tried to bury it in the litter box.
- Mizuki Neko created a cute little cheat sheet for the litter, just like she (?) did for the Great Catsby litter.
- Foster mom Janet posted a really cute picture of Snowflake and Jack Frost.
Christmas Decoration Kittens
- All five kittens now have sponsors.
- Alicia had an afternoon Periscope session with the kittens. Everyone is having a lazy, rainy Saturday afternoon.
- She also had an evening Periscope session with the kittens. The purple tunnel and purple bowl have come out, and the little Ikea
dollcat bed now has a nice purple blanket on it. Star now weighs 300 grams, Glimmer weighs 467 grams, Tinsel weighs 526 grams, Bow weighs 560 grams, and Ribbon weighs 339 grams.
- Diamond was adopted today from the LAPS Satellite Adoption Centre at the Abbotsford Petsmart.
TinyKittens in the Classroom
- Ms. Tyler’s class at Holly Elementary School in Delta did a “TinyKittens in the Classroom” lesson on joyfulness, which you can check out at https://deltalearns.ca/tinykittens/joyfulness/.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: The “Big Kids” room is currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for either a monthly or annual fee.
- Overnight notes: After Shelly taped it down last night, the camera seems to have stayed upright and unmoved for once. (Watching the last time it went down, I think Mistletoe likes to rub up against it like it was a post. With it taped together and taped down, that won’t move it.) Holly is still really snarfly.
- Gwen visited in the late morning. Much of the action was off-cam. Gwen cleaned up the room, and put out more food. She also gave meds and cuddles to everyone and made a concerted effort to give Mistletoe some pettings and checked out her spay scar and paw. She did some extended cuddling with Joy as well. (The other two put up with cuddles much more amicably.) Holly got her usual additional meds, eye drops, and paw cleaning. (In both pictures below, the big lumpy bit under the blanket beside the carrier at the back of the room is Mistletoe.)
- Lawana visited at around 13:30, bringing Tuna Temptations treats and pipe cleaners (aka toys). She pulled Joy into her lap for an extended 20+ minute cuddle session that went incredibly well — she got purrs and slow eye blinks, and Joy even rolled over to expose her belly. Lawana attempted some stealth petting of Mistletoe. Comet and Holly also got their cuddles, but were more interested in the treats. Holly is still really snarfly.
- Shelly visited at around 17:15. She gave Holly her meds and some eye drops. She removed Mistletoe’s original bandage and checked on her paw. It’s healing well. After consulting with Dr. Ferguson, Shelly went to “borrow” some supplies from Cassidy’s cache to rebandage Mistletoe’s paw. (Added later: Based on how well it held up to Mistletoe’s attempts to chew it off, I’d say she did a stellar job of it.) Mistletoe was reasonably good about being handled all things considered. Shelly pet Joy while Joy was behind the nest bin and Joy seemed open enough to it that Shelly pulled her out gently and had a proper snuggle. Lawana’s snuggle wins from earlier — the purring, the showing of the belly, etc. — are continuing and Joy purred and rolled over for Shelly as well. That’s a huge change.
- After Shelly left, Comet essentially trashed the room getting his play on.
- Everyone was out and about in the room, mingling, at various points. (I think they just came out to either watch Comet go crazy….or to get out of his way since not even the safe blanket hidey hole was safe when Comet was playing. Better to keep him in visual range. LOL) Joy was smart, sticking mostly to the area right under the cam where she could watch but not be in Comet’s path. Holly, who’s still snarfly, was also smart and stayed in the carrier when she could get in there. Mistletoe, on the other hand, seems to be pretty well matched with Comet when she has nowhere to hide — heaven help him when her foot is all better. 😉
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Overnight notes: Lots of play and scampiness….and camera movement, but at least it’s still upright.
- Gwen visited the kittens in the early afternoon. She cleaned the room (with the help of Supervisor Jingle), put out more food, gave meds and cuddles as needed, and played with the kittens.
- Lawana visited at around 14:30. I didn’t get a chance to watch the visit before the cam reset so I won’t be able to describe the visit at all until I have a chance to watch the recording that Little Darling thankfully caught and uploaded. I presume there was much cuddling and playing and possibly some treats…and the pipe cleaners Lawana promised them the last time she visited.
- Shelly visited at around 18:15. The kittens start receiving Panacur (dewormer) today and for the next four days. Nicholas reacted quite well to it, but the other three reacted to the terrible taste as badly as expected. (Elf is pretty funny — she clenches her jaws shut so Shelly has to work extra hard to get anything in her mouth.) Shelly also cleaned out everyone’s ears.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Lawana’s visit in RW room
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit in RW room and updates
[Page last updated: 2015/12/21 at 16:58 PST]