Note: Page is still being updated.
I experienced a problem early on Wednesday that left me limited in my ability to edit posts on my PC. (I could use my iPod Touch but my eyesight is too bad to be able to do that for long without getting a migraine.) The problem ultimately turned out to be a conflict between my antivirus program and some of the WordPress PHP scripts, but the time I lost combined with the fact that I’m working 12+ hour night shifts this week and that there is SO much action happening at TKHQ these days means I got quite a bit behind on the December 9 and 10 recaps (and in finalizing the December 8 one).
Everything is working fine now and I’m slowing getting the recap pages up-to-date. Posts going forward from here should be more timely, but it may take me until the end of Friday to finalize all of the late posts (including adding screencaps and embedded videos where applicable).
- It’s totally not cat-related, but tonight was LAPS’ annual Christmas party and by all accounts, everyone enjoyed themselves immensely (very deservedly.)
Whiskey and Sambuca
- Whiskey and Sambuca are now loose together in the room. (I didn’t get to see the actual event because the cam had reset before I could watch it.)
Christmas Decorations Litter
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens. The kittens are still making good weight gains: Star is now 268 grams, Ribbon is 319 grams, Tinsel is 471 grams, Glimmer is 420 grams, and Bow is 496 grams. Bow, Tinsel, and Star were the ones who mostly slept in Alicia’s bed with her last night. Alicia learned their backstory from Kayla — the kittens were found in a container that was dropped in a clothing donation bin at Valu Village and brought to a different shelter (one that is undergoing restructuring and doesn’t currently have a foster program). They reached out to LAPS and LAPS agreed to take them (and a number of other litters and kittens) in.
- Foster Mom Jules had a Periscope session with Shiraz. Shiraz is walking much better, especially on carpet, and is getting more playful as she continues to feel better. She has her surgery (spay plus getting her “dead” tail amputated) on December 22 and if all goes well she may head to LAPS on Boxing Day to be up for adoption rather than going for a sleepover with Alicia.
- Jules also shared some pictures of Shiraz.
Beetlejuice and Spice
Note: These two kittens were trapped at the feral colony and brought into LAPS on December 9, but most of the information about them comes from the short Periscope session that Jayne and Lneya held in the isolation room today so I’ve duplicated the information on both recap pages. (Thankfully LAPS was able to take these two kittens in, as the resources at TinyKittens HQ are stretched thin with the eight kittens/teens already there.)
- Beetlejuice is about 12 weeks old. He has fleas, lice, ear mites, parasites, probable ringworm, and had a live beetle crawling on him when he was being examined at Mountain View, which is where his name comes from. He has a ruptured eyeball, like Rhodes and Rollins had. The surgery to remove the damaged eyeball is the week after next, but he has to get stronger before that.
- The other kitten is older (about four months old), bigger, much more fearful. She has a really bad case of ringworm. I don’t know anything more about her. (Added later: This other kitten is Spice, who was originally referred to by LAPS staff as “Scary Spice” because she was not a happy camper but who turned out to love her baths and become a very lovable cat.)
- Garnet, Jet, Amber, Onyx, and Sapphire (from the younger group of Jewel/Gem Stone/Precious Stones litter kittens) are now at LAPS and are available for adoption.
- Updates to come.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: The “Big Kids” room is currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for either a monthly or annual fee.
- Suzanne visited the kittens in the late morning. Comet was in the window when Suzanne arrived. Holly’s left eye is still really goopy and closed, and she’s very snarfly. But she was still very sociable — and you can see clearly that she no longer has that wormy belly that made her look pregnant when she first came in. Suzanne tried to give Joy some snuggles but got sidetracked by trying clean her (and the area) up after she had a very runny “accident” behind the black nest bin. (Joy is still really stressed out and scared, but she’s not aggressive about it at least.) I don’t think Mistletoe made an appearance during this visit. (She burrows really well.)
- Kimsies and Shelly visited not long after Suzanne left. There was some more determined Joy snuggling. Shelly gave Mistletoe her pain medication and cleaned her ears (while Mistletoe was “hiding” under blankets in the carrier) and gave Holly her meds and eye drops and cleaned her paws. Holly is still really snarfly.
- Though Holly’s PCR test for ringworm was negative yesterday, Comet’s results came back today and they were unfortunately positive. So now both rooms of kittens get the ringworm bathing experience.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Today was ringworm bath day.
- Shelly visited late in the evening.
- Some background on Jingle: They know that Jingle is the only survivor of his litter — at the beginning of August, the property owner texted Shelly about the litter; at the time LAPS and TinyKittens were full so she gave him some deworming and flea treatments so he could help them get through; he found someone to take one of them to the vet but it didn’t survive and the other two succumbed later; so he’s had ringworm since at least August.
- Next round of deworming is going to be five days of Panacur starting this weekend.
- Noelle is definitely starting to feel better — she’s playing more. Her limp comes and goes — Shelly is keeping an eye on it. (She’s been x-rayed and there’s nothing structurally wrong; could be a side effect of any of a number of viruses and bacteria, all of which are being treated.)
Kimsies’ videos/pictures from TKHQ:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Noelle Elf and Jingle playing chasing being kittens
Tiny Kittens Suzanne visits RW room then Shelly visits before baffs
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit in RW room and updates
[Page last updated: 2016/02/07 at 02:22 PST]