Note: Page is still being updated.
I experienced a problem early on Wednesday that left me limited in my ability to edit posts on my PC. (I could use my iPod Touch but my eyesight is too bad to be able to do that for long without getting a migraine.) The problem ultimately turned out to be a conflict between my antivirus program and some of the WordPress PHP scripts, but the time I lost combined with the fact that I’m working 12+ hour night shifts this week and that there is SO much action happening at TKHQ these days means I got quite a bit behind on the December 9 and 10 recaps (and in finalizing the December 8 one).
Everything is working fine now and I’m slowing getting the recap pages up-to-date. Posts going forward from here should be more timely, but it may take me until the end of Friday to finalize all of the late posts (including adding screencaps and embedded videos where applicable).
Christmas Decorations Litter
- Litter of five very tiny four-week old kittens that were originally brought into another shelter that doesn’t have a foster system. They are going to be fostered by Alicia, who most recently fostered Calla Lily and her kittens. There are four girls — tortie Glimmer, calibies (calicos with tabby markings) Tinsel and Star, and calico Ribbon — and one boy, tabby Bow.
- Alicia had a Periscope session with them when she got home from work and weighed them. There could be a difference between her scale and the one at LAPS but the difference wasn’t uniform across all five kittens so it would seem they stuffed themselves today. 🙂 Ribbon weighed 319 grams, up 19 grams from morning; Star weighed 274 grams, up 54 grams from morning; Bow weighed 489 grams, up 59 grams from this morning; Tinsel weighed 440 grams, up 40 grams from this morning; and Glimmer was 400 grams, up 10 grams from this morning.
- [I wonder about the age estimation — they seem at least a week or two older than four weeks based on their activity and eating, but you never know — if their births hadn’t been broadcast as they happened, you’d have guessed that Zelda’s kittens were a lot older than they were, they were so advanced.]
- Val was adopted tonight at the LAPS Satellite Adoption Centre in Abbotsford.
Beetlejuice and Spice
Note: These two kittens were trapped at the feral colony and brought into LAPS today, December 9, but most of the information about them comes from the short Periscope session that Jayne and Lneya held in the isolation room on December 10 so I’ve duplicated the information on both recap pages. (Thankfully LAPS was able to take these two kittens in, as the resources at TinyKittens HQ are stretched thin with the eight kittens/teens already there.)
- Beetlejuice is about 12 weeks old. He has fleas, lice, ear mites, parasites, probable ringworm, and had a live beetle crawling on him when he was being examined at Mountain View, which is where his name comes from. He has a ruptured eyeball, like Rhodes and Rollins had. The surgery to remove the damaged eyeball is the week after next, but he has to get stronger before that.
- The other kitten is older (about four months old), bigger, much more fearful. She has a really bad case of ringworm. I don’t know anything more about her. (Added later: This other kitten is Spice, who was originally referred to by LAPS staff as “Scary Spice” because she was not a happy camper but who turned out to love her baths and become a very lovable cat.)
- Updates to come.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Holly, Comet, and Mistletoe
Note: The “Big Kids” room is currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for either a monthly or annual fee.
- Mistletoe went to Mountain View early this morning to have her paw checked out.
- She went into surgery later in the day: that was indeed a bone sticking out that Shelly saw; Mistletoe’s thumb had been crushed and was infected so Dr. Ferguson amputated it.
- While they were in there, they spayed Mistletoe.
- She doing good after the surgery but only time will tell if she’ll take to being indoors.
- Dr. Ferguson thinks she’s about a year old.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Updates to come.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Some cuteness in RW room
Tiny Kittens Cassidy PT session and updates
Tiny Kittens Shelly visits RW room w updates MT is spayed & thumb was crushed so removed all ok
Tiny Kittens Lawana visits RW room
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit in RW room & Holly does not have RW on test result
[Page last updated: 2016/02/07 at 02:22 PST]