- The kittens are scheduled to have their spay/neuter surgeries on October 19 and 20, after which they’ll be up for adoption.
- Alicia had her daily Persicope session with Calla Lily and her kittens. (I’m so in love with Calla Lily ❤️ — she is such a sweet girl, and only a kitten herself. Too bad — or maybe it’s a good thing — that I don’t live anywhere near them.)
- Kim Tomms will be at the Earth Options Pet Food booth at the Fort Langley Cranberry Festival tomorrow, selling ornaments and stemless wine glasses with the TinyKittens logo. (Too bad we won’t get to watch online, unless someone decides to Periscope it. Hint, hint.)
MountainView and DreamWorks Litters
- A number of the kittens have the mouth ulcers that Shelly noticed in Bluebelle and Eep on Wednesday. This kind of thing happens a lot with kittens after they stop nursing and no longer get any maternal antibodies — viruses that they already have then take advantage of the gap in antibody coverage. They probably had this URI virus since birth and it just took hold now, similar to what happened with Siris and some of the other Palindromes. (Eve nursed them right up to the last minute so they didn’t experience this until after they’d gone to their forever homes.)
- The remaining spays and neuters have been rescheduled because of this viral flareup. So everyone will be at TKHQ for at least another 10 days or so. Applications won’t be reviewed until next week.
- Shelly was supposed to be taking Bambi, Owl, Tigress, and Tip back to Mountain View Veterinary Hospital to have their heart murmurs rechecked on Tuesday at 2PM, but she’s also scheduled to have a live interview with Huffington Post at that time. (Not sure if the vet visit was rescheduled for another time or another day.)
- Here’s video of Shelly’s morning visit with the kittens.
(Little Darling also has a recording of this visit on her YouTube page but it’s missing several minutes at the beginning of the visit.)
- Cassidy spent a lot of time today upstairs. Shelly tried out some splinting options and gave him some practice time in his Handicapped Pets Canada wheelchair. He started climbing the big tree, which will help him build his arm strength, but he still likes to just throw himself off things with abandon rather than try to find a steady way down.
- The splint that Shelly used on Cassidy most today is a half pair of glasses (part of one arm and one lens/frame with hinge — stiff but still somewhat flexible and it is hinged in a way that allows more bending of the knee). The prosthetic people say she needs to extend his stumps so that he starts using his legs more (the more normal use of his legs he retains, the better the chances for being a candidate for prosthetics in the future). So she added extra padding to the end in the form of a spongey cup used to pad human big toes.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Kimsies and Kim Tomms put up two donated camo tarps at the feeding station.
Today’s Happy Forest videos & photos from Kimsies:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Cassidy wheelchair practice
Tiny Kittens Shellys trying different stumps for Cassidy practicing wheelchair and updates
Tiny Kittens Cassidy has more PT wheelchair and splints lots of woe
Tiny Kittens Cassidy is a little too excited for Barty
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit with Tip and kittens
[Page last updated: 2015/10/10 at 18:52 PDT]