Patti & Dale || The Nut Litter || The Ocean Litter
Patti and Dale, the Nut Litter, and the Ocean Litter are officially ringworm-free. Patti and Dale, a mother/son duo, are ready to be adopted now, preferably together. (They’ve been at the shelter for a long time because of ringworm issues.) The Nut Litter — Pecan, Pistachio, Hazelnut, and Walnut (who were originally picked up from the feral colony on August 4, 2015) — just need to be spayed or neutered and then they, too, will be up for adoption. Yay!! The Ocean litter kittens also apparently had a second clear PCR test and are officially ringworm-free and will also be up for adoption.
New kitten intake! A little, very floofy black kitten (who looks a lot like Topper) was brought in to LAPS this afternoon. She is estimated to be about six weeks old and is very sweet, social, and vocal…with a great purr. She was brought in by a gentleman — she’d walked into their house, unbeknownst to them until she meowed at them. They tried to find her home, without any luck, so they brought her in to LAPS. The name given to her by Kayla and Gwen is Purdy, after the chocolate company, since she has a brownish black coat.
Alicia had her daily Periscope session with Calla Lily and the kittens. Captain continues to be very bold, trying to explore beyond the nest. (He was also the only one who was really awake and active during the session.) The kittens will be trying out real food on the weekend and will get some floor time and some litter box training beginning then as well. Should be exciting.
Cassidy and Topper
- Dawn came by to play with Topper today. She also used her kitten whisperer magic on Cassidy.
- Shelly will be trying to keep Cassidy quiet today and tomorrow, prior to his visiting the specialist. (But he’s a kitten, you know, so good luck with that. LOL)
- Both boys are going in to Mountain View tomorrow: Topper hopefully for his neuter and Cassidy to see the specialist about his left leg/knee growth plate issues. Topper will be spending the weekend recuperating and being spoiled by his BFF Dawn and her family.
- Cassidy had a wheelchair fitting with Handicapped Pets Canada today.
— TinyKittens HQ (@tinykittensHQ) September 24, 2015
- 13:30: Shelly brought home the wheelchair — they’ll try it out later (probably after the visit to the specialist tomorrow). Cassidy needs to work out his arms a bit more, gain some strength to really make it work, but it fits really well. She also brought back with her the modified wheelchair from Walnut Grove.
- The CTV news story about Cassidy and the Walnut Grove students aired again on CTV Morning Live this morning. It was the same version of the video that aired on the 11:30 broadcast last night so I didn’t record it (or rather I recorded it but haven’t uploaded it), but if you want to see it, it starts about about 11:20 on the show’s broadcast video at http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=705006&binId=1.2120310&playlistPageNum=1.
MountainView and DreamWorks Litters:
- Flower is now on the new antibiotic (since yesterday?) so hopefully it will start to work as well on her as it has been doing for Cassidy.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- No updates yet today.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys morning visit with Cassidy and Topper then Dawn drops by
Tiny Kittens Cassidy back from wheelchair fitting and will get practice on it later
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit with Cassidy trying halter top on
[Page last updated: 2015/09/26 at 18:29 PDT]