The Nut Litter
- Now that they are ringworm-free, the Nut Litter kittens — Pecan, Walnut, Pistachio, and Hazelnut — are ready for their spay and neuter surgeries and will be available for adoption next week. (They are so cute, and they’ve come such a long way since they came in as frightened four-week-old kittens seven-and-a-half long weeks ago. (I say this every time a new litter, cat, and lone kitten comes along, but I’d have a hard time not adopting the whole lot.)
The Ocean Litter
- Buoy was adopted shortly after they were cleared of ringworm and Coral was adopted today, but Scuba is still waiting for her forever home.
The CallaLily Litter
- Alicia had her daily Periscope session with Calla Lily and the kittens. For once, Captain wasn’t the awake and perky one. She has expanded the nest a bit, putting in a starter litterbox for them and adding some bare floor space for them to get used to. They’ll graduate further on the weekend.
- Applications are now being accepted for Topper (until Sept. 30) and for Tip and the MountainView/DreamWorks kittens (until Oct. 5). See http://www.tinykittens.com/adopt for details and the online application form. (Tip and the DreamWorks kittens will be adopted through LAPS since Tip was brought in through them directly; whether Topper and the Mountain View kittens will be adopted through LAPS or TinyKittens is still undetermined.)
Cassidy and Topper
- Cassidy had his last dose of antibiotics this morning.
- Topper and Cassidy went to Mountain View Veterinary Hospital today, Topper for his neuter surgery and Cassidy to see a specialist about the growth plate issues in his left rear leg.
- Shelly will take Cassidy back to see the specialist in a week, after he’s had a week to get bigger and stronger. They’ll sedate him then so that they can get really good x-rays of his left stump to see what’s going on. (It’s hard to get the angles they need while Cassidy is still awake.) They’ll decide then what will need to be done. In the meantime, Shelly is to just let him go and get stronger with a variety of exercises (running around loose, practicing in the various wheelchairs, etc.) to work out all of his muscles. Shelly had to put up a baby gate/barrier at the bottom of the stairs in order to stop Cassidy from climbing up them — the upstairs floors are hardwood or tile and not suitable for Cassidy to walk on.
- Noon-ish: Topper was NOT neutered as they couldn’t find one testicle. (To quote Shelly, “He just wanted to be special like his brother.” LOL) They’ll try again when he’s a little older. He did, however, get his tattoo before they discovered that they couldn’t neuter him, and he got his vaccinations. For now, Shelly is bringing him back home. He will be staying at Shelly’s tonight and will be going to Dawn’s for a sleepover on the weekend. Given the situation with his neuter, they may look at a foster-to-adopt situation rather than an immediate adoption.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- No updates yet today
Today’s Happy Forest videos & photos from Kimsies:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit with Cassidy before heading off to appointments
Tiny Kittens Cassidy goes back to specialist next week for sedation and more xrays
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit w Tip & kittens Topper update couldnt do neuter yet maybe foster to adopt
Tiny Kittens Shellys afternoon visit with Cassidy and updates
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit with Cassid
[Page last updated: 2015/09/26 at 14:36 PDT]