- A new little kitten was brought in. His name is Geller. He was underweight and not thriving. (Information added on Sept. 15 after update from LAPS. He is currently thriving under the care of LAPS staffer Chloe.)
- Calla Lily’s kittens are 13 days old today. Alicia had a daily Periscope session with Calla and her babies this evening. Alicia has put up a kitten gate across the front of the nest to stop kittens from going walkabout but she again found two kittens in the bottom cubby hole of a tower outside of the nest so it appears that Calla is moving them for reasons known only to Calla.
- 00:30 PDT visit with Cassidy and Topper: Shelly fed Cassidy and gave him fluids and Clavamox. (See weight chart “Dosages” tab for schedule/details.) Cassidy is still steadily gaining weight (he’s gained over 100 grams since his arrival at TKHQ a little over a week ago) and is consistently over 600 grams now.
Topper is being Topper — full of rambunction. Shelly contemplated leaving Topper out with The Teens so that he’d have more company, but she wouldn’t be able to leave out any food for him because The Teens would eat it all. (They are highly food motivated. As in that’s all they think about.) Topper is doing fantastic, health-wise. He’s gained over 200 grams in the week and a bit since he and Cassidy arrived at TKHQ and is now nearly a kilogram, near to the weight he should be for his age and almost big enough to be neutered. (That puts him at over 300 grams heavier than Cassidy.)
- Cassidy took Shelly on a morning walk again this morning:
- He also went on a walkabout in the afternoon. (Shelly was using a Go Pro through her cell phone so quality was erratic, as was the connection.)
- Lots and lots of walks. There’s NO keeping the boy down now.
- Cassidy is still making good gains. And he’s started to groom himself again, which is a good sign. He’s due to go into Mountain View for a checkup tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3PM PDT.
- Evening visit: The founder of Handicappedpets.ca contacted Shelly and he would be happy to make a wheelchair for Cassidy. More walking — the boy needs that wheelchair sooner rather than later or Shelly will have to hire a full-time harness holder for him. Cassidy’s bacterial culture results came back and he has an E. coli infection, like some of Sisko’s kittens have. Still waiting on additional results from the cultures. Dr. Henderson at Mountain View has been checking with orthopedic specialists and they all agree that his foot loss was due to trauma, not congenital, and that it is certainly plausible that it was his mother chewing through the umbilical cord.
- Skipper escaped the pen at TKHQ and made himself quite comfortable:
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- See Kimsies videos at bottom of page for feral colony updates.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shelly’s visit with Cassie who has a lot to say and plays with Topper
Tiny Kittens More walkabouts with Cassidy
Tiny Kittens Shelly’s morning visit with Cassidy
Tiny Kittens Tiny Kittens GoPro broadcast of Cassidy’s field trip all over the house
Tiny Kittens Shelly’s afternoon visit with Cassidy
Tiny Kittens Cassidy grooming dying from the cute
Tiny Kittens Handicapped Pets Canada will make wheelchair for Cassidy and he really wants to walk
Tiny Kittens Another walk about with Cassidy
Tiny Kittens Update on Cassidy infection is E Coli will continue antibiotics be hopeful but cautious
Today’s Happy Forest videos and pictures Kimsies:
[Page last updated: 2015/09/15 at 14:00 PDT]