Note: Page is being continually updated throughout the day. Last update was at 23:24 PDT.
- LAPS posted an update on the Sugar litter — Mama Spatzy, boys Sugar Kane and Osgood, and little girl Sweet Sue — who were originally brought in a little over three weeks ago. (See more details on their intake in the Saturday, August 22, 2015 recap.) Mama and all three babies are thriving in their foster home.
- Cassidy is continuing to receive his various medications (antibiotics, pain meds, fluids, etc.). (See weight chart “Dosages” tab for schedule/details.) His poops are much better formed than they were, which is a good sign. He’s been insisting on regular walks (sometimes off-cam). Dawn came by to visit with Topper in the morning.
- Andrew from Handicapped Pets Canada came by to get Cassidy’s measurements in order to build a custom wheelchair for him so that Cassidy can scoot around on his own instead of needing Shelly to support him in a sling. (See Little Darling’s video below.)
- Shelly took Cassidy in for a checkup with Mountain View this afternoon at 3PM PDT. They got the sensitivity results back for the bacterial culture and the variety of E. coli that Cassidy has is resistant to doxycycline and one of the two components of Clavamox (amoxicillin trihydrate or clavulanate potassium) so the other Clavamox component is doing all of the work. There’s a new antibiotic that is safe for kittens that should be better; it will arrive tomorrow. (Flower and Bluebelle are too young to take this new drug but it may be an option for them when they’re older. Don’t know yet if their strain of E. coli has the same resistance as Cassidy’s.) Dr. Henderson and Shelly talked about doing some physical therapy. The stumps are starting to close up; still a lot of healing left to do, but it’s on its way. Dr. H will check out the wheelchair stuff. Cassidy’s heart is good, temperature is normal; Dr. H is finally “cautiously optimistic”, but Cassidy isn’t out of the woods yet.
- Weekend Crew: Cassidy will be going to stay with Natalie, one of the techs from Mountain View, while Shelly is away this weekend. (Natalie will bring him in to work with her during the day.) Topper may be spending the weekend having a sleepover at Dawn’s house with Panther the Delightful Jungle Kitten (aka Phoenix). Lawana and Lori from Cats Cradle will be coming by to check in on Tip and the kittens at TKHQ, as will Dawn who will be doing morning meds there.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- No updates yet today
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys morning visits with Cassidy
Tiny Kittens Handicappedpets Canada comes to get Cassidy’s measurement for wheelchair
Tiny Kittens Shelly updates on vet visit all went well
Tiny Kittens Cassidy wants to walk then needs rebandaging
Tiny Kittens Shellys brief visit with Tip and kittens
Today’s Happy Forest videos and pictures Kimsies:
[Page last updated: 2015/09/15 at 23:24 PDT]