- Not much news today from LAPS. As of 16:00 PDT, the Rose Livestream was still down, but it came back up at some point after that with a different, more open set up for their nest area.
- The two girls of the Potato Litter, Nugget and Tater Tot, have several applications in, but there are no applications in yet for the two boys, Russet and Fry.
- When Shelly brought Tip and the kittens back to TKHQ from her house, she set them up in a room in the upstairs part of the house. You can really hear the rain coming down up there. 😉 Tip has pretty much the run of the upstairs, except for the rooms with closed doors (like the room Sisko is in). She breaks into the toy box each day and chooses a catnip toy to play with — previously, it’s been her fish or carrot; today, it is a banana. The kittens are set up in a little corral in the main living room (seen in the bottom right corner of the photography studio screen cap below).
- Wet food introduction continued. A couple of kittens are still not convinced that wet food is good, but most of them are taking to it to varying degrees — some (like Skipper and Bluebelle) dive right in, others need their pumps primed, others still will take it from the syringe but aren’t all that interested in eating from a bowl.
Today, she gave all of Sisko’s kittens food (Royal Canin Babycat) mixed with water and Fortiflora probiotic.:
Thumper says, “No. Nopety nope.”
- Walt and Daisy were brought back in with Sisko after their snack:
- Miscellaneous cuteness:
Skipper falls out of bed
Mama Tip falls out of bed
- Shelly opened presents (kind of on cam, at least the audio was) at around 1PM kitten time (PDT). (See Little Darling’s video below.) She thinks there are a couple of others packages stuffed in one of the rooms in the house where she’d had to store everything while the flooring was being laid.
- Shelly confirmed that she has ringworm. (That’s why she has one of the bandages on that she’s been wearing for a few weeks, to keep the ringworm confined to her.) She could have caught it from doing intake on the Nuts litter or Henley or from Torelius at the feral colony.
- Late in the night, Tip decided (for whatever reason only she knows) to take Puss in Boots out of the nest and then bring him back in a few minutes later after much meowing on her part.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys morning visit with Tip weigh ins and fudz
Tiny Kittens Open presents offcam and another power outage
Tiny Kittens Shelly syringes some kittens and updates