[Note: This page is for cats/kittens who came from Nano’s feral colony, which is also sometimes referred to as the F1 colony or shed colony. If you’re looking for cats/kittens who are related to the Happy Forest colony, head over to the Happy Forest feral colony graduates, guests, and losses page.]
Since I created a page like this for the original Happy Forest colonies, I figured I might as well keep things going by creating one for each TK- or PFHC-managed colony. This colony is the second TNR project, on the property where the Nano Fix-a-thon was conducted.
As with the other page, I no doubt split my lists up in a way that is guaranteed to be largely different from how Shelly is tracking them but should include all of the cats that Shelly might refer to:
- furry tail endings — a master list of all cats/kittens brought in from the feral colony or its surroundings who went on to find forever homes
- pending furry tail endings — cats/kittens brought in from the feral colony or its surroundings who (as far as I know) are still waiting to find their forever homes
- “sort of” furry tail endings — cats/kittens from the feral colony who were either re-homed as barn cats or who made their own happy place living outdoors with human companionship
- temporary guests — cats/kittens who stayed at TKHQ for a time while they recovered or while socialization was attempted with them but who subsequently returned to the forest
- RIPs — cats/kittens who passed away either at the colony or in the care of TinyKittens
With the exception of the RIP list, these lists are in chronological order from date brought in to TKHQ. The RIP list is, as closely as I can get it, in chronological order by date of death. (This colony was a TinyKittens project, not a joint project with LAPS.) The lists generally just contain brief information and key dates for the cats/kittens — pages with more detailed information are under construction.
(Note: In the lists below, “at TinyKittens HQ” or “at TKHQ” means at the actual TinyKittens HQ house, at Shelly’s house, at a foster, or at a veterinary hospital while in TK care.)
Furry Tail Endings
These are cats and kittens who were trapped at the colony or were taken in temporarily and/or socialized to some degree by neighbours of the property where the colony is and who subsequently went on to be adopted into forever homes.
- The Hayloft Flyer kittens — Amelia, Orville, and Wilbur arrived at TKHQ on September 27, 2016. Amelia was adopted on November 21, 2016. Orville and Wilbur were adopted together on December 3, 2016.
- The Metrics — Kilo, Zepto, Pico, and Gram came in to TKHQ (with their mama Zetta and little brother Nano Wolverine) on September 30, 2016. Kilo and Zepto were adopted by Janet, who previously adopted Calypso’s kittens Lindy and Mr. Buggles, on November 7, 2016. Pico and Gram were adopted on December 23, 2016.
- Radley — Radley was trapped during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. She turned out to be very friendly and more than ready for a forever home. She was adopted on November 26, 2016.
- Faith and Hope — Faith and Hope were trapped and brought to TKHQ on October 11, 2016. They were adopted together with Charity on January 14, 2016.
- Charity and Chance — Charity came to TKHQ during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. Chance came to TKHQ on October 22, 2016. They were both adopted to separate homes on January 14, 2016, Charity with Faith and Hope and Chance to “Christmas Eve” Mary‘s home.
- The Monkey Kittens — Finster and Boo came to TKHQ on October 18, 2016. They were adopted together.
Pending Furry Tail Endings
- Calvin (see Happy Forest colony page)
- Mason — Mason came to TKHQ during the fix-a-thon on October 15, 2016. He stayed while his paw healed. In December, he had extensive dental surgery done. On December 26, 2016, blood tests taken during the dental surgery showed that Mason (who is estimated to be around 8 years old, elderly for a feral cat) has kidney disease — with probably months rather than years left to live. He is currently receiving palliative care and as much companionship as he wants at Shelly’s house.
Sort of Furry Tail Endings
Temporary Guests of TinyKittens HQ
These are cats/kittens who stayed at TKHQ for a time while they recovered or while socialization was attempted with them but who subsequently returned to the forest. (This list does not include cats who just stayed overnight at TKHQ while awaiting their spay/neuter surgeries or while briefly recovering from their spay/neuter surgeries with no attempts at socialization.)
- Zetta — Zetta was brought into TKHQ with Nano and her other kittens on September 30, 2016. She stayed there for several weeks, first with the kittens and then (after her spay surgery on November 7, 2016) in the feral recovery room. But she just wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the property on November 9, 2016.
- Fiona — Fiona came to TKHQ on October 15, 2016 with the other cats trapped during the fix-a-thon weekend. She wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the colony on October 17, 2016.
- Beatrix — Beatrix came to TKHQ on October 15, 2016, with the other cats trapped during the fix-a-thon weekend. She wasn’t happy inside and was returned to the colony on October 23, 2016.