February Feral Fix-a-thon
- As usual, all of the Lion Colony cats were out and playful early in the morning.
- Gwen visited all of the cats early in the morning, starting shortly after 7 AM. She gave Wee (and presumably everyone else who needed them) his meds.
- Kathryn Jane visited with Calvin, Macey, QuinnBunny, and Rusty in the late morning. She posted several videos and a ton of photos from her visit.
- Shelly came in about 1/2 hour later (while KJ was still there) and gave KJ more information about the personalities of the new-to-KJ cats in the room. Shelly cleaned Macey’s ears while she was there. (Macey is showing some signs of being in heat.) Rusty apparently stayed in Shelly’s lap without much fuss last night during her visit.
- Shelly then packed up Floofermelon, Terra, and Rocky to return back to the Lion Colony site. (She doesn’t want to leave Wee Pumpkin alone so Middle Pumpkin “drew the short straw”.) She checked their surgery sites — Floofermelon’s belly is a bit bruised so Shelly sent some pictures off to Dr. Ferguson, who cleared Floofer for her return to the colony. Shelly thinks Rocky shows some potential — even though he was squished into the small wedge of denial between the wall and the lego bricks, he didn’t make much of a fuss at all when she picked him up and put him in her lap. [Perhaps he’ll be a return visitor at a future date.] She was also planning to take as many of the Nano Colony girls back as she could get. (The open catio might have proved to be a problem. The Nano Colony room wasn’t on-cam so I don’t know who she managed to catch.)
- Nicole visited with all of the cats in all three rooms in the late afternoon.(She’ll be back again to visit on Saturday.)
- Shelly visited with the Happy Forest cats for awhile in the evening. She hand-fed Macey and QuinnBunny. (She tried to entice Rusty with some food, but he really wasn’t having it.) She sat on the floor with Calvin for awhile, trying to get him to eat and typing away madly on her laptop. (They were off-cam.) Having Calvin in there complicates things — can’t leave food out.
- Shelly also popped in briefly late at night (technically just after midnight so early morning February 23). It sounded like she came out of the Happy Forest Colony room first, but I didn’t see that visit (if there was one) on cam. She gave Wee his eye and ear meds and put out more food. She also set up an aerial view camera.
(She later also moved the floor cam to give a better view of the two gingers in the blue cube. That’s Wee aka Wumpkin in the front and Middle aka Mumpkin in the back.)
Note: After today, I’ll be putting updates about the remaining cats into the TinyKittens HQ section of these recap pages.
The cams and Livestream feeds
Since the fix-a-thon, Shelly has been switching cams and feeds around fairly randomly so it’s complicated to keep track of which room was on which stream at which time. There are still two streams (VIP stream and regular regular fix-a-thon stream) and any of the three rooms (Lion Colony room aka the white room upstairs, Happy Forest Colony room aka the purple room upstairs, and the Nano Colony room aka the small feral recovery room downstairs) may be on either of the cams at any given point.
Calvin returned to TinyKittens HQ last night, where he is currently rooming with his Happy Forest colony friends QuinnBunny, Macey, and Rusty. (See Fix-a-thon section at top of page.)
Mason is at Shelly’s. He has the run of the house, though Shelly says he mostly hides under the couch.
The cams and Livestream feeds
LAPS is currently having some technical issues with their computer and their Internet/WiFi and so they’re generally unable to broadcast a full-time live stream at this time. Their current intermittent streams are:
- A Day in the Life At LAPS: This is the main general event for LAPS. It’s the stream where intakes are usually streamed along with other shelter residents/rooms.
- There were no cat-related social media updates today.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens FlooferMelon & Rocky are packed up
Tiny Kittens Time to head back to the colony
[Page last updated: 2017/02/23 at 16:11 PST]