The cams and Livestream feeds
Since the fix-a-thon, Shelly has been switching cams and feeds around fairly randomly so it’s complicated to keep track of which room was on which stream at which time. There are still two streams (VIP stream and regular regular fix-a-thon stream) and any of the three rooms (Lion Colony room aka the white room upstairs, Happy Forest Colony room aka the purple room upstairs, and the Nano Colony room aka the small feral recovery room downstairs) may be on either of the cams at any given point.
Lion Colony Room
The white room upstairs at TinyKittens HQ is currently the home of Wee Pumpkin (aka Wumpkin aka Wee Flumpkin) and Middle Pumpkin (aka Mumpkin) from the Lion Colony.
- Gwen visited early in the morning, bringing more food and giving Wee his eye and ear meds.
- Suzanne had her first snuggler visit with the little lions today. Middle is still not very bold, but Wee enjoyed lots of laps cuddles and playtime with her.
- Shelly visited in the evening.
- She brought snacks and decided to give Wee Flumpkim some Profender, since they have been there for a week and he still has a bloated belly.(That will kill tapeworms and other parasites.)
- She also gave him his antibiotics.
- She took some pictures of his bad eye, trying to get a good shot of his iris. His eye is just like Calvin’s and like Skye’s, though he’s not related to either as their colonies are quite far apart.
- She also listened to his chest and belly with her stethoscope. His respirations have been a bit high; she might take him in tomorrow to have his heart listened to.
- She did a little ear cleaning; his ears look much better than they did before (not as hot, not as hard, not quite as itchy), but there’s still a long way to go. So much purring.
- Middle Pumpkin puts up with being pet by humans under duress, but he doesn’t love it.
Happy Forest Colony Room
The purple room upstairs at TinyKittens HQ is currently the home of Calvin, Macey, QuinnBunny, and Rusty.
- Gwen visited in the early morning.
- Kathryn Jane visited in the late morning, mostly to continue with her socialization of Calvin but also to continue her early efforts with Macey, QuinnBunny, and Rusty.
- Macey is going in tomorrow for her spay. She will get one more ultrasound before, just to make sure. It’s definitely time…she’s very much in heat and Calvin, even though he has been neutered, did his best to try to take care of business. [Poor Macey. No wonder she had so many mating bite wounds on her when she came in.] Shelly popped in at midnight and turned on the Cat’s Meow toy as a distraction, telling them to “behave themselves” as she left. 😉
Nano’s Colony Room
The small feral recovery room downstairs at TinyKittens HQ is currently home to Nala, her daughter Mali, and old man Racer from Nano’s Colony.
This room wasn’t on cam most of the day so I don’t know who visited the cats here today. (Updates came from Shelly’s on-cam time with Wee Pumpkin in the evening.)
- Mali has a URI. Shelly considered putting her and Wee Pumpkin in together, but they both have URIs and are from different colonies so putting them together could result in a super virus. But once they are both cleared of their URIs, then maybe.
- Nala and Racer are.recovering from their dental surgeries, but will likely eventually go home.
Mason is at Shelly’s. He has the run of the house, though Shelly says he mostly hides under the couch.
The cams and Livestream feeds
LAPS is currently having some technical issues with their computer and their Internet/WiFi and so they’re generally unable to broadcast a full-time live stream at this time. Their current intermittent streams are:
- A Day in the Life At LAPS: This is the main general event for LAPS. It’s the stream where intakes are usually streamed along with other shelter residents/rooms.
National Cupcake Day Events
- National Cupcake Day is Monday, February 27, 2017. LAPS will have cupcakes, kickers, and catnip pillows available for purchase, with proceeds going to LAPS.
- Foster Mom Jules will be selling cupcakes (and pupcakes) at Waldo & Tubbs in Fort Langley on Saturday, with proceeds going to LAPS.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Feb Fixathon Suzanne’s visit w wee lots of play and adorableness
Tiny Kittens Visit w pumpkins & Q tips for wee
[Page last updated: 2017/02/23 at 23:00 PDT]