Note: Page is still being updated.
Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had a short Periscope at LAPS in the morning when she was dropping off Ribbon. Ribbon was a little scared, but it will only be for a short time, until her new family can pick her up.
- She also had her nightly Periscope from home, this time featuring just Star (with cameos by Miss Vickie and Toro). Star is closing in on her spay weight: she’s 975 grams now. She should easily make weight before her spay surgery next week.
- No updates yet today.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Prior to the three newly spayed feral cats arriving at TKHQ, the VIP feed was on the feral recovery ward downstairs. Shelly swapped the feeds around for the intake on the three new cats so that everyone could watch. As of early Friday morning, that was still the way things were set up — the VIP feed was on the “clean” kittens upstairs and the regular feed was on the feral recovery room downstairs. (No feed was covering Elf and Noelle.) The TinyKittens VIP cam feed can be accessed for a monthly or annual fee. (Consider it a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with the VIP cam feed as a perk.)
Feral Recovery Ward
- Satine and Shiloh were continuing to get accustomed to the room and being indoors.
- In the late afternoon/early evening, all six of the cats trapped yesterday were brought to TKHQ — the boys to be returned to the colony by Lorie and the girls to be put into the room with Satine and Shiloh.
- Pansy was the first attempt at intake. Shelly unfortunately didn’t have as good a hold on her as she needed — Pansy was determined to make a break for it. After Pansy tried to climb the closer wall, Shelly, Gwen, and Lawana retreated to the bathroom for a few minutes to let Pansy calm down (and to treat Shelly’s wound). While they were gone, Pansy climbed the wall under the ledge bed, getting tangled in and extricating herself from the braces holding the bed up, and then up and into the bed, startling Satine and Shiloh. She watched the rest of the intakes from the safety of the ledge.
- Raven’s intake went a little better. Shelly checked her ears and did some preliminary ear scritches before passing her over to Gwen to cuddle. When she was released, she went and hid behind one of the carriers and that’s pretty much the last we saw of her before I went to bed.
- Enara’s intake went even better. Shelly managed to snuggle her for quite a long time. When she was put in an open carrier, she just stayed there. No freaking out, no wall-climbing.
- Once the humans left, the jockeying for position began. There was some growling from someone, some tussles, some grumpiness. Satine tried to take the camera out so Shelly had to come back to tape it down better.
Formerly-Feral Mega Romper Room
- The PCR test results are back and both Elf and Noelle have tested positive for ringworm. It’s possible that it is a false positive but until that can be determined, the two have been separated out from the others and moved downstairs to the room that Comet and his ladies used to be in.That room is not currently on cam.
- As a preventative measure, the other formerly feral kittens (Comet, Mistletoe, Joy, Nicholas, and Jingle) have been moved into the room Mary and then Holly were using, since it is “cleaner” than the other room is. (This is also the room that Tip was in when she first arrived at TKHQ.) The other room and everything in it will be scrubbed down.
- Everyone but Joy was bathed as another preventative measure. (Joy wasn’t because of her healing spay incision.) Catching them for that fell to Gwen. It was not a happy sight. Lots of hissing, growling, and general freaking out. Joy attempted to climb to the window and fell hard, though with no lasting harm.
(The change of rooms, the resurgence of the bunny suits and gloves and booties, and the suspicious smell of cat shampoo did nothing to make the cats feel less stress, but it had to be done.)
- Those ferals really aren’t very nimble — between Mr. T rolling off ledges and the formerly ferals falling off the cat tree and window, it’s a wonder no one gets hurt. Joy managed to save herself later in the evening from falling off the window bed…but only just.
- Shelly noticed some blood on Nicholas’s penis as well as some dermatitis in the area and some swollen lymph nodes. She took him to Mountain View where an ultrasound showed no kidney stones, thankfully, though it means they don’t quite know what’s going on with him. His bladder was empty so they couldn’t take a sample to test — Shelly was going to express his bladder later in the evening but he keeps peeing before she can get a sample. (He’s leaving little bloody urine marks behind him and in the litter box. I don’t think she mentioned it specifically, but it could well be a UTI or something similar, which sucks no matter what species you are.) She had some pain meds for him, which hopefully made him more comfortable.
Kim T’s videos:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Suzanne visits
Tiny Kittens Noelf tested positive for RW will be separated
Tiny Kittens Gwen’s visit
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit
Tiny Kittens Feral Enara’s intake at TKHQ feral recovery ward
[Page last updated: 2016/01/23 at 12:29 PST]