Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. More hexbug fun. (She reconfigured her Catit Senses track the same way she did with Jingle and co’s earlier, to create a contained area for the hexbug to ramble around in.)
Glimmer weighs 1108 grams (up from 1062), Star weighs 815 grams (up from 793), Ribbon weighs 983 grams (up from 978), Tinsel weighs 1192 grams (up from 1160) and Bow weighs 1241 grams (up from 1223). Glimmer and Tinsel go in for their spays and Bow goes in for his neuter surgery on Thursday, January 14. Star and Ribbon spays are scheduled for Wednesday, January 20. They’ll be available for adoption the day after their respective surgeries. Alicia isn’t sure if she’ll be able to pick the kittens up after their surgeries — hard to manage the logistics — so this may be the last four day we have with the full litter. 🙁
- Kayla had a Periscope session from her house with Toffee, who initially arrived at LAPS on December 21 with Caramel and Butterscotch. All three kittens had initially been fostered with Seanna. They all became really sick on Christmas Eve — Toffee in particular — and were taken to Brookswood Veterinary Hospital and then back to iso at LAPS. Caramel and Butterscotch got better and were adopted yesterday. Toffee, however, is much sicker than they were — blood work taken on Wednesday of this past week showed that his kidneys aren’t functioning right and a urine test also shows something wrong with his kidneys so they’ve sent that off to be cultured. Kayla didn’t want Toffee to stay at the shelter after his siblings/friends went for adoption so she brought him home with her. (With the health issues, his future is uncertain and she wanted him to know a home even if it was only for awhile.) She’s been supplementing his water and wet food with subQ fluids, but he’s still getting really dehydrated and he’s not gaining weight. Today, though, he’s playing with her cats and being scampy and actually eating. (Kayla says he’s “such a little joy.”) ❤️
- Daniela posted some pictures of Cedric, who was brought into LAPS on January 4 (or thereabouts) with a broken left hind leg. Cedric is scheduled to have the leg amputated on Tuesday at Mountain View.
- Mary is not on cam, but everyone who stops in to visit with the other kitten rooms stops in to visit with Mary first.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Kim T was on feeding station duty today. She uploaded a video. (See her section at the bottom of this page.)
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
- Gwen visited in the morning. She cleaned, put out fresh food and water, and talked with/petted everyone.
- Alicia visited in the afternoon.
- Lorie visited in the evening.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
Note: Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam (since Shelly swapped the feeds around at noon PST yesterday), which you can access for a monthly or annual fee.
- Gwen stopped by in the morning to clean up (though the room was surprisingly tidy) and put out more food and water. (She also had to come back in and fix the camera after someone knocked it over just after she left the first time.)
- Alicia visited in the afternoon. She reconfigured the Catit Senses tracks to create an enclosed space in which she set the hexbug loose. They managed to get the hexbug inside the track at one point, something I’d been hoping would happen (I wanted to see how well it would run inside there), but Alicia rescued it. Jingle has more mats, but she was able to pull them apart with her fingers.
- Lorie visited in the evening. She played with the kittens, and she fixed the parts of the Senses track that weren’t quite snapped together. She was very amused by how Jingle hard plays with the Pounce mouse track toy — she thinks he’s too big for it but he’s a lot rougher (or determined) than the older kittens/cats upstairs. It’s clearly built to withstand a lot of rough handling from cats. Near the end of her visit, Jingle jumped on her back.
Kim T.’s videos from the feral colony
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Alicia’s visit 1-10-2016
Tiny Kittens Lorie visits
[Page last updated: 2016/01/11 at 13:42 PST]