Note: Page is still being updated.
Whiskey and Sambuca
- Sambuca and Whiskey traded places again this morning, with Sambuca loose in the room and Whiskey in the cage. Whiskey says he is not a fan of this arrangement, and that Sambuca is not making full use of his expanded space. 😉
- Lneya said she would be visiting with the boys at around 10:30 PST this morning. But presumably that depends on how busy she gets doing other things. LAPS attempted to do a Livestream visit later in the day, but encountered technical issues at the time and the cam remained down overnight.
- No updates yet today
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Holly will be going to Mountain View to have her paws checked over again. Shelly plans to take Noelle in as well, in spire of the ringworm, to get checked over as well.
- Today is ringworm bath day. Amanda (Cricket and Katydid‘s human) and Gwen were there to administer the baths and snuggles afterwards while Shelly cleaned up.
Holly and Comet
Note: Holly and Comet are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam, which you can access for either a monthly or annual fee.
- Overnight notes: Pretty much the same as the previous night. Holly was pretty quiet, occasionally growling or hissing at Comet when he got a little rambunctious near her or came too near to her front paws. (From our point of view, it seems that Comet doesn’t always know where his own feet are and so he accidentally steps on hers.) Comet loves to play so much. Despite being the oldest of the kittens brought in, he is still very much just a kitten and watching him play is so joyful. More and more of the toys get played with, even the carrot that he was cautious about just a day or so ago.
- Packing up Holly for Mountain View: Shelly stopped by quickly at around 08:15 to put Holly in a carrier. She left Holly in the carrier in the room. Comet doesn’t seem to know what to make of that — it was sitting off screen, but he trilled continually and you could hear him trying to pry the carrier open. She came back at about 09:15 to pack up Noelle and to take both Holly and Noelle to Mountain View.
- Vet visit results: Dr. Ferguson thought that Holly’s paws are doing well so she didn’t put Holly under to clean them out. Shelly will keep soaking and cleaning them twice a day as she has been doing. Holly’s eye was checked — her third eyelid is up so she’s still getting eye drops.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Overnight notes:
- There was play, sleeping, snarfling, nomming. The usual. And the new usual — the room cam was knocked over and the nest cam was unplugged. (Elf and Nicholas seem to be particularly good playmates — they’re nearly the same size whereas the other two are either a lot bigger or a lot smaller, and they seem to have the same chase/play mindset. It means, though, that cam takedowns are likely going to be a new common/daily occurrence.)
- Shelly stopped in briefly at around 09:15 to grab Noelle to go to Mountain View.
- Shelly stopped back in after the vet visit. Noelle got a checkup, FeLV test, and x-ray. Nothing on the x-ray. They’re hoping it’s just a “kitten thing”. Dr. F confirmed that they’re doing all they can and it’s just a matter of time, meds, and good nutrition. Noelle is walking much better now and she was very alert and purring at Mountain View. They *are* adding in a new antibiotic for all four kittens (doxycycline) since Elf has green snot and there’s so much sneezing going on. (Gwen was preparing the ringworm baths at the time, and Amanda was in with Holly and Comet.) Elf’s temperature is 39.5 C, Nicholas’s is 38.7 C. Those that are getting them have a couple more days of eye drops. Noelle “compromised” the tunnel by pooping in it while Shelly was there.
- Kimsies visited later in the afternoon. She dished out snacks and snuggles. She also managed to entice Jingle up to the top of the Kuranda tower with the ribbon wand. (Maybe he’ll remember.) Shelly dropped by with Miss Tyler (from Holly Elementary and the “TinyKittens in the Classroom” project) while Kimsies was there. She gave the kittens their various medications.
Kimsies’ feral colony videos:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit in RW room & baffs
Tiny Kittens Kimsie visits & Shelly comes in with meds
[Page last updated: 2015/12/08 at 01:35 PST]