- LAPS posted an update on Gracie today. I’m not sure when she was originally brought in, but she’d been brought in with a serious leg injury that ultimately required the amputation of her left hind leg. She was fostered by Gwen during her recovery and is looking for her forever home.
- Aw, my sweetheart Calla Lily is still waiting for her forever humans to realize something is missing from their lives (her!). (Calla has a permanent spot in my heart — she gave birth to her babies on what would have been my mother’s 78th birthday — and if I didn’t live on the other side of the country, I’d snatch her up in a second.)
- TinyKittens HQ is now pretty much empty for the first time in months. (Only Cassidy remains and he hangs out mostly at Shelly’s, not TKHQ.) That’s a good thing, though, as it allows Shelly a few moments at least to catch her breath, catch up on things (such as cataloguing the newer arrivals at the colony), and work more with Cassidy and his physical therapy.
- Shelly is considering trying to trap the many juveniles seen recently at the feeding station (several around 8 or 9 months old and several around a year or so old) and bringing them to TKHQ’s Feral Finishing School to see if any have the potential to be socialized. (And at the very least to hopefully allow them to recuperate in comfort from their spays/neuters before being released back into the colony if they aren’t socializable.)
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Shelly posted the video of Nova’s release yesterday, along with an excellent explanation of why Nova was being released back into the colony. (Here’s hoping she’ll start to come around more now that she’s back Home, like Sloaney and Renara and the others have who didn’t appreciate being in capitivity.)
Mr. T and Pinecone
The Mr. T and Pinecone Experience! — Day 32 — The Final Day at TKHQ
Today is the day that the rest of their new lives begin.
Suzanne visited earlier in the afternoon. And Kimsies and Shelly reminisced about the colony and their first encounters with Mr. T and Pinecone while waiting for the boys’ new humans to arrive to pick them up. (I felt so bad for Shelly and Kimsies as they struggled to give the boys their happy pills for the trip — the boys will get over the “trauma” pretty qucikly, I’m sure, but the humans might have a harder time.) You can watch the last eight hours of the final day — including Suzanne’s visit, Shelly and Kimsies reminiscing, and the departure — on the Livestream (embedded below) and Little Darling uploaded recordings of the last couple of hours of that final day to her YouTube channel (see her section at the bottom of the page).
Kimsies posted a bunch of photos as well.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Bunny a little grumpy with Cassidy
Tiny Kittens Cassidy on American Thanksgiving morning
Tiny Kittens Kimsie last visit w T and PC before they go home
Tiny Kittens Shelly & Kimsie do suitcases for T & PC then adopters arrive and time for home
[Page last updated: 2015/11/26 at 23:50 PST]