- There was an article about Haze in Love Meow today:
- Kayla had a short Periscope session with Haze this evening. Haze has not been doing well since yesterday. He’s been throwing up everything he eats along with a ton of roundworms. He got a Cerenia pill yesterday. And an injection she got from the vet today. He’s not as bright and alert today as he was yesterday; instead he’s pretty lethargic. He doesn’t have a fever, though. He’s still going to the bathroom, and Kayla thinks he still seems to want to be here so they’ll keep fighting. (She had to give him a bath today because the vomiting and diarrhea was so messy.) He had his last dose of Panacur today. He’s still getting 20ml of subQ fluids twice a day, probiotic and appetite stimulant every other day, Cerenia, and canned recovery food mixed with water. He’s still pretty skinny, though, so only time will tell if he’ll be able to survive the clearing up of the heavy parasite load. ❤️ She’ll hopefully have another little Periscope update later tonight.
- Foster Mom Jules posted a little update on Purdy along with a pre- and post-shaving comparison picture of her.
- Alicia had her daily Periscope session with Calla Lily and the kittens.
MountainView and DreamWorks Litters
- Two film students from a local high school came by to take some footage at TKHQ for a 20-second clip for the Langley Chamber of Commerce (presumably for the awards that are coming up).
- Cassidy: “It’s so much nicer here than in the forest.”
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Mr. T and Pinecone
- Kimsies trapped Mr. T (aka Torelius) and Pinecone today. (She had some “happy pills” to make them a little more mellow. She accidentally gave Pinecone’s dose to Barclay, who looks a lot like him; it did not go well and she has the wounds to show for it. She finally gave Pinecone his half a pill.)
- Both cats were given Revolution at the colony and transported to LAPS for a ringworm bath at around 1PM PDT. Pinecone was seriously chill, but Mr. T was not a happy boy and Kimsies thinks he may not have gotten the full 1/2 pill’s worth of chunks in his tuna. Still, they were both decidedly not feral in their actions and the baths went really well.
(The video can also be viewed — minus the first couple of minutes — on LAPS’ A Day in the Life at LAPS Livestream; and on Little Darling’s YouTube channel.)
- Kimsies then transported them to the feral room in the basement at TKHQ (the same room Sloane and Sisko were in when they were there). Unlike with Sloane or Sisko, there are really no forest elements in the room except for a log that had been there from before — with the potential ringworm issue, they don’t want anything in the room that can’t be either easily disinfected or thrown away. Kimsies and Shelly had some snuggle time with the boys while drying them off better from their baths, and then they left them alone to (a) come down off the happy pills and (b) acclimate a little on their own to the room.
(The video can also be viewed — minus about 20 minutes of Shelly’s setup and conversation at the beginning — on Little Darling’s YouTube channel.)
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys brief visit w Cassidy and Mr T and PC update
Tiny Kittens Shellys evening visit with Cassidy and updates
Tiny Kittens Shelly visits Mr T & PC and gives snuggles
[Page last updated: 2015/10/27 at 22:35 PDT]