- Foster Mom Jules posted a video of Purdy playing.
- Videos of most visits are in Little Darling’s section below. Shelly made a couple of pretty short visits during the day and I’ve uploaded them and embedded them here:
||| Visit with Tip and kittens while working on gala software at around 13:40 PST
||| Quick visit to take Casserole and Bunny back home at around 19:35 PST
- The catio was installed today outside the Happy Forest feral room downstairs. No pictures or videos yet and Shelly thinks it will probably be Sunday before they can try it out, what with tomorrow being the LAPS Gala and all.
- Playroom at TKHQ: Shelly has set up a separate “playroom” for Cassidy at TKHQ so that he can hang out on cam there while she’s working over there. He can be on cam there (the TKHQ house is more set up for multiple cam streams than her own house is). She brought Bunny with him today — she may bring a friend (i.e. Bunny, Pantsaroo, or Bartlett) with him every time so that he has someone to play with.
- Wheelchair: Cassidy has already outgrown the wheelchair (I thought it was built to grow with him?) so Shelly has given it back to Handicapped Pets Canada — they already have a request from someone with a six-week-old kitten who’s partially paralyzed so it will definitely still be of great use.
- Implants?: Shelly announced today that Dr. Marcellin-Little at NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine has come on board to work with Shelly and Mountain View on possible implants for Cassidy — prosthetics have pretty much been ruled out by all of the prosthetic specialists they’ve consulted because of the unique nature of Cassidy’s injuries and what remains of his leg; it’s very early on in the process but if implants are a possibility, Dr. Marcellin-Little is the man to help. And the results of this research and process will benefit other animals and probably even humans. If Cassidy is a candidate for implants (after he’s grown some more), it will be expensive (even though much of his medical care is donated or offered at cost, there are still many expenses associated with surgery of this type and it will likely be many thousands of dollars before it’s all done) so fundraise/donate your hearts out.
NOTE: Shelly asks that people please NOT contact Dr. Marcellin-Little by any means — not even to thank him. I’ve included the link to his profile above only to give an idea of his specialization and background. If you have an urge to thank someone, she says feel free to plaster your thanks (my paraphrasing) all over Mountain View’s Facebook page — that’s always OK. 😉
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Kimsies is on feeding duty at the feral colony.
- Kimsies also teased with a video of Duolynx printing off a very small, very elite “round 1” batch of “Feral Art for Ferals by Ferals” notecards for the gala. (Never fear, at some point in the nebulous future, the cards will be more widely available for purchase.)
Mr. T and Pinecone
- The new catio was installed this afternoon. Shelly relocated the boys at around 13:00 to a different room downstairs. She didn’t have time to relocate the camera and the catio guy probably doesn’t want to be filmed, so the cam is down for now. (She updated later to say that, since she needs the laptop that their cam is connected to for the LAPS Gala tomorrow, their cam will be down until Sunday….and that’s about when the catio will likely get tried out, too.)
The Mr. T and Pinecone Experience! — Day 12 Visits:
- Kimsies visited in the late morning, around 11:00 PST. She cuddled with both boys (lots of kisses and head butts), did some heavy-duty brushing, and brought in a comfy chair for the visitors to sit in. (See visit video in Little Darling’s section below.)
- I can’t remember who was due to visit later on, but obviously that and any other visits were on cam because of the catio-building noted above.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit with Cassidy and teens
Tiny Kittens Kimsie visits Mr T and PC
Tiny Kittens Shellys announcement Cassidy has potential doc who can make implants need to fundraise
Tiny Kittens Shelly visits with Cassidy briefly while waiting on catio to be done
[Page last updated: 2015/11/09 at 23:42 PST]