- Margarita was originally brought in to LAPS on July 30. She’d clearly been someone’s pet before as she had a spay scar, but she was in sorry shape — old injuries on her head, frayed claws, broken teeth, some kind of urinary thing going on — when she was found by or on a road. (She came in during a very sad time. This was about a week after the Zoo kittens died, and the week Lilypad’s Tadpole died. And another cat who was brought in the same day as Margarita — a lovely ginger gentleman named Oliver — had such internal injuries, like from being hit by a car, that he couldn’t be saved. Margarita was one of the happy moments of that time period.) She’s been recovering and being treated at LAPS ever since and is ready for her forever home.
- Alicia had her daily Periscope session with Calla Lily and the kittens.
MountainView and DreamWorks Litters
- The kittens are almost 11 weeks old. (Wow, time really flies.)
- Shelly was going to take Walt and Daisy in to be spayed/neutered but Daisy was last to develop URI symptoms (and still has a pretty significant sore on her mouth) so she took in Tigress and Thumper instead. Dr. Henderson wants to consult with a specialist to make sure there isn’t a problem having the surgeries while the URI issues are still around. No one was spayed or neutered today. Don’t know about the ones scheduled for tomorrow. May wait until they’re symptom-free.
- While they’re not quite ready for actual adoption yet (what with most of the spays and neuters on hold until this upper respiratory thing is gone), the adoption “pairings” have been sort of announced (“sort of” as in not officially announced on TinyKittens but discovered by people sleuthing on Facebook for the new pages for the kittens):
- Eep and Owl — Eep & Owl: West End Girls on Facebook
- Daisy, Walt, and Bambi — Siskits – Daisy, Walt and Bambi on Facebook
- Skipper and Tigress — Skipper and Tigress. the Two Dreamers on Facebook
- Flower and Bluebelle — Flower and Bluebelle on Facebook; looks like they’ll be emigrating to Seattle.
- Hiccup and Thumper — Hiccup and Thumper’s Tales about Tails on Facebook
- That just leaves Tip and Puss in Boots. I don’t think we’ve heard officially from anyone about who adopted them, but I know that Brenden from DreamWorks in Los Angeles had put in an application for just that pairing and he’s suspiciously silent on the subject. I’m just sayin’…….
||| Added later: OK, now he’s just playing with us. Evil boy. LOL
||| And later again: Their new Facebook page — for Tip, Puss in Boots, and Brenden’s current DreamWorks mascot Thor — is at The DreamCats.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Shelly is on feeding station duty today.
- Rain had a rough night last night, vomiting roundworms (which means she has an incredibly heavy parasite load). By 06:00, her gums were pale even after Shelly gave her fluids at midnight. Shelly took her to Mountain View this morning and they admitted her. She’s on IV fluids and antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. Her temperature has been dropping all morning. She’s not doing great. Everything is being done for her that can be done, but they have no idea what’s going on.
- Shelly reviewed every step of what they did on Rain’s intake with Dr. Henderson and confirmed that nothing was missed. It just happens sometimes, where they appear fine on intake but then go downhill.
- ❤️❤️❤️ Added after 16:30 — Shelly came on chat and informed everyone that Rain had continued to decline and unfortunately passed away. So incredibly sad, but so much better that it happened when she was warm and loved and not alone. (Mondays really suck — it was three weeks ago today that Quark was hit by a car at the feral colony.) ❤️❤️❤️
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit with Tip updates on Rain whos at vet from illness
[Page last updated: 2015/10/22 at 09:01 PDT]