- Rose’s kitten Sage appears to have ringworm — he has a lesion near his eye that fluoresces under black light. They’ve done a PCR test and should hopefully get the results back by Friday or Saturday. They think he picked it up from Rose; they’re confident it wasn’t from cross-contamination from the other ringworm litters. The other kittens don’t have lesions but if Sage’s PCR is positive, the entire litter will have to undergo ringworm protocol. It delays Rose’s spay date.
- Alicia had a Periscope session with Calla Lily and her babies.
- 08:40 visit: Shelly is taking Cassidy back to Mountain View for 9am today to have his bandages changes and his leg stumps checked for fluid accumulation. He lost weight overnight — he wasn’t very interested in food in the evening because of his pain meds. This morning, he was more alert and hungry. She’s hoping they can take his catheter bandages off today. Topper has been getting supervised visitation — he gets a little too excited when he gets around Cassidy and that just isn’t good right now.
- 10:25 visit: Shelly is back from Mountain View. Cassidy is spending the day there to give Shelly a little break. His catheter was removed. There was no pus in his leg bandages, just normal healing fluid. Topper is having fun with Dawn.
- 17:30 visit and throughout evening: Cassidy is home from Mountain View. (Home to Shelly’s house, not the TKHQ house.) He peed on his own, and visited the litter box on his own as well at Mountain View. He’s still on pain meds (Buprenorphine), antibiotics (Clavamox), and fluids and is now also taking metronidazole. The ringworm PCR came back negative. Shelly has to work on getting more food into him and giving him some physical therapy. (The pain meds make him pretty tired and out of it.) Cassidy’s tibias and fibulas are fusing in each leg (as they heal), which Dr. F doesn’t think would happen if the foot loss was congenital. Shelly also gave both kittens milbemax dewormer. He has peed and pooped own since coming home, though not in the litter box. Shelly will be in and out throughout the evening and overnight to give Cassidy his medications (see weight chart for schedule), feed him, and to aid him in (and clean up after) any peeing or pooping that he needs to do. The live cam is up and running.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- No updates yet today
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
(videos to come)
[Page last updated: 2015/09/13 at 13:30 PDT]