The cams and Livestream feeds
Since the fix-a-thon, Shelly has been switching cams and feeds around fairly randomly so it’s complicated to keep track of which room was on which stream at which time. There are still two streams (VIP stream and regular regular fix-a-thon stream) and any of the three rooms (Lion Colony room aka the white room upstairs, Happy Forest Colony room aka the purple room upstairs, and the Nano Colony room aka the small feral recovery room downstairs) may be on either of the cams at any given point.
The streams bounced around a lot today, lots of resetting while staying in the same room and lots of switching the streams around between the rooms; it was hard to keep up. (At 10:50 PM, the regular feed switched unexpectedly to Neelix highlights so presumably there are some technical issues; it was back on the Happy Forest room at 11:38 PM.)
- Shelly posted a fix-a-thon update. She mentions that seven cats remain in TinyKittens care; those would be Wee Pumpkin, Middle Pumpkin, QuinnBunny, Macey, Rusty, Nala, and Mali. (Calvin doesn’t count among the seven because he came in during the previous fix-a-thon.)
Lion Colony Room
The white room upstairs at TinyKittens HQ is currently the home of Wee Pumpkin (aka Wumpkin aka Wee Flumpkin) and Middle Pumpkin (aka Mumpkin) from the Lion Colony.
- Gwen visited in the morning.
- Linda Bell visited in the afternoon.
- Shelly was apparently there in the early evening, but the cam switched to a different room in the middle of her visit so I missed it.
- Shelly posted additional pictures of Wee’s eyes, post-conjunctiva-tissue-removal, along with an update on his health. They got his test results back today and are hoping that any abnormal results are due to his heavy parasite load (and the inflammation that goes along with that) and that the values will return to normal once he’s better. They’ve switched him to doxycycline because it has additional anti-inflammatory properties. His adult teeth are starting to come in, and his ears are looking better.
Happy Forest Colony Room
The purple room upstairs at TinyKittens HQ, current home of Calvin, Macey, and QuinnBunny.
- I think Gwen visited in the morning.
- Linda Bell visited in the morning. She mentioned during her visit that Nicole would be coming in the afternoon, but I didn’t see Nicole at all today.
- Shelly stopped by to shut off the light in the evening — I don’t know when or if she visited prior to that as the cam was not on this room at that time.
Nano’s Colony Room
The small feral recovery room downstairs at TinyKittens HQ, currently home to Nala and her daughter Mali from Nano’s Colony.
- The room was on cam off and on throughout the day, but I didn’t see any visits there. I presume that Gwen and Linda Bell went down there at some point, but I never saw them on cam. Mali is still pretty snarfly, but sweet.
Mason is at Shelly’s. He has the run of the house, though Shelly says he mostly hides under the couch.
The cams and Livestream feeds
LAPS is currently having some technical issues with their computer and their Internet/WiFi and so they’re generally unable to broadcast a full-time live stream at this time. Their current intermittent streams are:
- A Day in the Life At LAPS: This is the main general event for LAPS. It’s the stream where intakes are usually streamed along with other shelter residents/rooms.
- New Intake: This is occasionally used for new cat/kitten intakes at the shelter.
- Daryl was adopted from the shelter today, leaving just Negan, Molson, and McCoy in the small communal room there.
Lily and Black Pearl
- Two lovely older kittens were surrendered today: Lily, who is black and white, and Black Pearl, her all-black panther sister. Their owners had taken them in as young kittens to keep them safe from coyotes in the area, but now the human baby in the house has developed a severe cat allergy. They are very sweet. They will be going in for their spays this coming week, hopefully. (Black Pearl is definitely in heat and there was much amusement on cam about how frisky she was.) You can watch their intake in the video embedded below or directly on LAPS’ Livestream channel.
National Cupcake Day
- LAPS shared a picture of some of the cupcakes that will be available at LAPS on Monday.
- They also posted a picture of volunteers manning the cupcake table at Waldo and Tubbs in Fort Langley today.
- Foster Mom Jules posted a selfie (of her, Seanna K, and Daniela, I believe) from the Waldo and Tubbs cupcake table as well.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Feb Fixathon Cathys visits in rooms [for some reason LD has made this video private since she first uploaded, but I’m leaving this here in case she republishes it]
[Page last updated: 2017/02/26 at 22:50 PST]