- There have been lots of cupcake-related events in advance of the official National Cupcake Day on February 29.
Feral Colony Cats
- Rio is hanging out at Hotel Jules with Foster Mom Jules. Jules took her to LAPS today from noon to 15:00; it was a really slow/quiet day at the shelter, though, and no one came by to see Rio. Jules took us on a little tour of the shelter and showed us where Mattie, Sambuca, Season and Shiver, Puddles and Blossom, and others are hanging out.
- Season and Shiver are doing well in the communal room at LAPS.
- Puddles and Blossom are also doing well, currently in an iso room for a few days.
- No updates yet.
- Alicia had a morning Periscope with the kittens. The kittens are doing great, latching on well. She’s been feeding and pottying them every two to three hours since she brought them home.
- She also had her usual 8PM Periscope. Swirl weighs 161 grams now, up from 149 grams at midnight; Vanilla Bean weighs 164 grams, up from 141 grams at midnight; Creampuff weighs 160 grams, up from 143 grams; and Red Velvet weighs 173 grams, up from 153 grams. Alicia will be taking the kittens to their full-time foster mom Jen at Paws and Claws Animal Hospital in the morning.
- Kimsies posted a picture of the Kuranda tower she’s assembling for TKHQ.
- No updates yet today.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
The cams and Livestream feeds
We currently have three live streaming webcams at TKHQ:
- The Jingle Bell’s Romper Room of Delight stream: Despite the name, this is the stream that is on Noelle and Elf in their dormitory downstairs.
- The Neelix: Kittenwatch, Feral-style! stream: This is the stream showing the room upstairs where Savina, Neelix, and (temporarily) Eliann are residing.
- The TinyKittens VIP cam stream: When there are only two (or fewer) rooms of cats/kittens, this stream is usually showing an alternate view of one of the rooms. Wherever it’s pointing at any given moment, this special stream/feed is only accessible for a monthly or annual fee. (Consider it a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with the VIP cam feed as a perk.)
- The Feral Recovery Room stream: This, as the name would suggest, is the stream that used to be on the upstairs room with its various residents until they went to their forever homes (or back to the Happy Forest); after Enara left on February 20, the feed was set to show a 23-minute loop of feral colony videos. The feral loop DVR feed went offline just after 10:00 on February 23, just before the World Spay Day feed went live.
- The Cassidy the Two-Legged #MiracleKitten stream: This occasionally shows videos of Cassidy over at Shelly’s house.
This is the room downstairs where Noelle and Elf are currently residing.
- The feed/cam in this room has been down all day.
- Noelle’s fungassay results came back and she’s officially cleared of ringworm. Both girls are now officially ready to go to their new home in Glendale, Arizona, on March 10. ♥
- The Visits:
- I have no idea who visited them.
Feral Recovery Ward
- There’s been a lot of “conversation” between Neelix and Savina on their respective catios so I wanted to remind people what the catios look like in these two room (Neelix’s catio is the one on the right in the picture below; Savina’s is the similarly-sized component on the window on the left, the one that is connected to — but not currently open to — the rest of the catio/catwalk system):
- Savina is currently relaxing (hopefully) in the Decompression Suite of the feral recovery wing. She’s enjoying fine catio dining, luxurious glamping in her own feral den, quiet, and mood lighting…all designed for a stress-free stay at TinyKittens HQ. Here’s hoping she read the brochure. 😉
- Neelix is currently in residence on the catio off the purple room, with occasional stopovers in the Bunker of Solitude.
- Neelix’s roommate in the recovery ward is Eliann, who is hanging out for a couple of days to receive her pain meds and make sure she’s recovering well from her spay surgery before she’ll be heading back to the Happy Forest.
- Shelly visited in the morning.
- Shelly visited in the late afternoon, early evening. She brought Kestrel in with her. (Kestrel really wants to check out the catio but there’s been some hissing from all of the cats so Shelly opted to not let her out there.)
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit in Neelix room
Tiny Kittens Shelly visits Neelix room with Kestril
[Page last updated: 2016/02/29 at 07:42 PST]