Feral Colony Cats
- Socialization continues with these two boys.
Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope with Star.
Charlie’s Angels Litter
- Farrah, the last of the Charlie’s Angels litter (who were brought in to LAPS on November 10) is now spayed and ready for adoption after a lengthy recovery from a particularly bad URI. (She was named after Farrah Fawcett — I’m not sure when or why the spelling of her name was changed to Ferra.)
- Cassidy, Shelly, and Dr. Ferguson returned from North Carolina late.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
The TinyKittens VIP cam gets swapped around periodically. (Since the feral recovery room was implemented, it’s been mostly on the upstairs “formerly feral” romper room instead so most of the videos available are from the feral room.) The feed (wherever it’s pointing at any given moment) can be accessed for a monthly or annual fee. (Consider it a way to donate to TinyKittens monthly, with the VIP cam feed as a perk.)
Feral Recovery Ward
- The shelf bed fell down again at around 05:30, but no one was on it at the time.
- It fell again in the evening, this time taking Satine down with it. She fell pretty hard, but seemed fine afterwards.
- The Visits:
- Suzanne visited. She put out fresh food and water. She would have cleaned the litter boxes but the scoop has gone AWOL. She hand-fed Satine. (Enara was in the carrier, and the others were on the Ledge of Denial.)
- Gwen visited very quickly in the early afternoon.
- She then visited again for a longer time around 16:00. She tried to entice them all to eat. She managed to pull Enara from the carrier for some lap cuddles and fed her in her lap. She found the scoop and so could clean the litter boxes. Gwen was headed to the feral colony feeding station after this visit.
- Kimsies arrived to visit the ferals as Gwen was leaving. She had good cuddles with Enara. However, she tried to kiss Enara and Enara let her know in no uncertain terms that that just wasn’t on.
- Gwen stopped by in the late evening to drop off food. This was shortly after the bed fell, but she didn’t notice it.
Formerly-Feral Mega Romper Room
- The Visits:
- Suzanne visited in the morning. She cleaned, did the litter boxes, and put out more food and water. And she played and cuddled with all of the kittens. Nick is still not peeing normally.
- Gwen visited. She gave Nicholas his meds. She did a bit of redecorating, including bringing in an empty cardboard box. She checked neuter scars — looks like Jingle isn’t licking his as much as before. Nicholas is still not peeing well so she took him to vet. When she brought him back, she assembled the Catit Senses track for the kittens.
- Kimsies visited in the afternoon. She played, cuddled and took lots of pictures and videos.
Kimsies’ videos and pictures at TKHQ:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Suzanne visits feral room
Tiny Kittens Kimsie visits feral room
[Page last updated: 2016/02/03 at 01:14 PST]