Note: Page is still being updated.
- Kayla and Amy Periscoped from the communal room where the feral cats were being held earlier today. (They had trouble with Periscope but ultimately ended up with two that were viewable.) One of the torties (Satine or Shiloh — I’m guessing Shiloh based on how she was at TKHQ later) scampered up the big log LAPS had put in the room, which spooked Kayla and Amy a bit. (Those forest dwellers do like to climb things.)
- Reggie and Ramses were subsequently returned to the Happy forest by Kimsies. (I don’t know any other details or the reason — it could have been because they were too freaked out at LAPS or they’d fluoresced for ringworm or some other reason I can’t imagine.)
- Shiloh and Satine, the two torties, were going to be returned to the colony as well but Shelly wanted to give them a couple more days in light of them still recovering from their spays and it being so cold and wet outside. (Boys recover from their neuters more quickly.) They are currently in residence in the former ringworm romper room downstairs at TKHQ. The VIP cam is active down there (or at least was when I left for work tonight) so if you were considering signing up for the TinyKittens VIP cam feed, now’s the time. (I’ll start putting their updates down in the People for Happier Cats section of these recaps for the time that they are there.)
- Henrietta, Tellar, and Caden showed promise and are being kept at LAPS for socialization. (Kayla and Amy took samples from Tellar for a PCR test as he has some suspicious spots and scabs so he may well end up back in the forest himself.)
Between you and me, Caden looks like he has the same nose that Mr. T and Comet have. Much different from Tellar’s. LAPS later posted a short video of Tellar getting pets on Kayla’s lap, so there is much hope that he (and the others) will be able to be socialized.
Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
- links to come
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia did a quick Periscope from the LAPS parking lot while she was waiting for the shelter to open up. (She didn’t think she’d have time to do one inside as she had to get to work.)
- Alicia also did her nightly Periscope, this time with just Ribbon and Star.
Toast to the Holidays Litter
- Applications are now being accepted for this lovely tortie family who have been fostered by kitten whisperer Dawn.
- Daniela posted a video of Cedric, who is looking good after his leg amputation.
- No additional updates yet. Just the standard, that Cassidy is doing his physio and that he and his entourage will be heading to North Carolina on Sunday, January 24, to visit with Dr. Marcellin-Little in person.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Feral Recovery Ward
- Shelly set up the VIP cam in the feral room downstairs (the one Jingle et al — and Mr. T and Piney and others before them — were in) in the early afternoon, pointed out the window at the catio and with a title indicating that this was the feral recovery room.
- Gwen, Kimsies, and Shelly suited up, brought the two girls into the feral room, and did the rest of their intakes (e.g. ear cleaning, etc.). (I had to leave for work just after Shelly had passed the first cat — Satine, I think — over to Kimsies at around 15:00 so I missed most everything after that except what Little Darling posted because Shelly swapped the feeds around so everyone could have a look at the girls.)
- Shiloh is proving to be a bit of a difficult customer, but she’s not aggressive. Satine lay in Kimsies’ lap being petted like she was born to that life. (In Little Darling’s video below, Gwen is still in the room; she’s just mostly hidden behind Kimsies.) Shelly eventually had Shiloh in her lap, petting her and trying to hand-feed her some canned food.
Formerly-Feral Mega Romper Room
- Holly and Joy are still in Mary’s old room. Both rooms of cats seem all the better for the separation.
- The Visits:
- Shelly visited in the morning.
- Suzanne visited in the morning. The sound was off for her entire visit. (In retrospect, this was probably when they were planning in secret to bring Satine and Shiloh in. Surprise!)
- Shelly visited in the morning.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shelly & Kimsie visit snuggle with ferals after speuters
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit and Holly for a visit but still growly
[Page last updated: 2016/01/16 at 16:35 PST]