Note: Page is still being updated.
Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page, so if you miss any visit, you can go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Weight chart
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
Alicia tries to broadcast a Periscope with the kittens every night at around 20:00 PST. Because Periscope videos are only viewable on/in Periscope for 24 hours, I record the videos and upload them to YouTube.
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. The kittens are going to the vet tomorrow. Star’s poop sample results came back and the vet wants to do some more tests. (Alicia doesn’t know what ones.) The kittens may or may not be back at Alicia’s tomorrow night. The kittens are otherwise doing great, gaining weight, eating well, and playing up a storm. Glimmer weighs 769 grams (up from 741), Star weighs 558 grams (up from 537), Ribbon weighs 691 grams (up from 680), Tinsel weighs 848 grams (up from 828) and Bow weighs 924 grams (up from 880).
- Tinsel was particularly cute during this Periscope, pouncing around with her purple puff ball.
- No updates yet today
- Mary is doing well, still no further bleeding and she’s eating and cuddling and playing.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Kimsies was on feeding duty at the feral colony today, where she’s working on the next wave of potential applicants for the TinyKittens Feral Finishing School.
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
Note: Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy are currently only viewable on the TinyKittens VIP cam (except for the times when Shelly swaps the feeds around), which you can access for a monthly or annual fee.
- Today was ringworm protocol cleaning day. The bigger kittens didn’t have to be bathed today, but Kimsies scrubbed down the room and put in new/clean bedding, bins, and toys. She also helpfully placed the camera so that we can see the window and most of the room — while it’s nice to have close-up views sometimes, the shenanigans frequently take place throughout the room and I think it’s nice to be able to see it all.
- Breaking news at around 5PM! Shelly just got the PCR test results back for Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy and they are negative. She will do another test in a couple of weeks and if that test is also negative, they’ll be officially cleared of ringworm. Shelly’s going to set them up in a “clean room” upstairs and will be switching the regular feed over to them (and the VIP feed over to the romper room downstairs) so that more people can meet and hopefully fall in love with them so that they can all find their forever homes quickly.
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Shelly visited with the kittens before bath day started.
- Today was bath day. Gwen and Amanda bathed the kittens and gave them their meds while Kimsies cleaned the room out. They noticed Noelle’s hair coming out a lot, because of the ringworm. (It’s why she is so bald in so many places. As she heals, the hair will grow back in again.) Kimsies put the iPad in this room instead of in with Comet et al, to change things up.
- Kimsies visited and played with the kittens for a few minutes after they were put back in the room and while Gwen and Amanda cleaned up the kitchen area. Then she headed out to take care of the feral colony.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys noonish visit with Jingle & Co
Tiny Kittens RW Baffs 12 28 2015
[Page last updated: 2015/12/29 at 05:53 PST]