- Beetlejuice has surgery to remove his damaged eyeball today.
- Kayla gave a quick update on Spice, a five-month-old kitten from the TNR colony.
- Laura Mayes posted a lovely video of Lucky, a 10-year-old black cat who is still looking for his forever home at LAPS.
Star Wars Litter
LAPS staff and volunteers have been very good about posting the videos of the various visits with Queen Amidala and the kittens to their Livestream page so if you miss any visit, you can almost always go to http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/starwars to watch them later on. (Note: It’s not always easy to tell what day a video is from — Livestream uses relative time, i.e. “xx days ago”, for posts and Zulu Time, which is currently eight hours ahead of PST, for comments — but they are in reverse chronological order on the page.)
- Today’s visits/videos on Livestream (in chronological order, titles from actual posts):
Christmas Decoration Kittens
- Alicia had her nightly Periscope session with the kittens tonight. (I had a lot of trouble recording this broadcast — my stream was very choppy, to the point that a 1/2 hour of real broadcast time was turning into 1.5 hours of choppy video. I ran out of time trying get a clean copy, so I will only have a partial recording to upload.)
- Feral Arts by Ferals for Ferals: If you haven’t bought yours yet, there are still some sets available in the TinyKittens HQ Etsy shop. They are $25 US plus shipping for ten blank cards, and 100% of the proceeds go towards helping the feral colony.
- Mark Dixon Memorial: There will be a virtual memorial for Mark Dixon on Saturday in the TK Livestream chat at 15:30 PST.
- Cassidy is going to Mountain View and under anesthesia they’re going to take more x-rays of his knees and try to get them into a better position and then get them splinted into a better angle before he wakes up. Shelly will be with him most of the day.
- Shelly uploaded a video of Cassidy along with an update: They were able to get really good x-rays. Cassidy Houdini managed to foil the lovely splinting faster than expected so they’ll try something else next time.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
Ringworm Bath Day
- Today was ringworm bath day. The festivities began at around 10:00 PST with Gwen, Suzanne, and Kimsies. (I only got to watch bits and pieces — the VIP cam was mostly on either the room as it was being cleaned or on the carrier during the bathing and the romper room cam was just on the room.) Cleaning the plastic items yesterday seems to have made the whole thing go much faster today, which is exactly what they were hoping for.
- As far as I can tell, Elf was the last one bathed (after the others were back in their rooms) so I presume that Gwen was able to get the “clean” PCR sample from her that Shelly wanted. (See yesterday‘s notes.)
Holly, Comet, Mistletoe, and Joy
- Today was mostly about ringworm baths. Suzanne cuddled and dried them after their baths. (See above notes.)
Ringworm Romper Room with Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Today was mostly about ringworm baths. Suzanne cuddled and dried them after their baths. (See above notes.) Gwen gave the kittens their meds.
- Shelly visited in the late evening. She attempted to listen to Nicholas’ chest with her stethoscope, but he purrs alot. She says he doesn’t sound like he did yesterday, which is good. Shelly did some blacklighting. She confirmed that Gwen was able to collect PCR samples from Jingle and Elf. (See yesterday‘s notes.) She plans to do PCRs on the big kids occupants on Monday. They’re spending $80 every four days just on ringworm meds.
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Baff day activities in Jingle & Co’s room
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit with Jingle & Co and updates
[Page last updated: 2015/12/21 at 15:50 PST]