Whiskey and Sambuca
- LAPS has decided to put these big boys together in the communal room, in the hopes that they might become friends and be able to be adopted together. (Kayla had an initial on-cam visit with them to get things started tonight.) Both cats are FIV+, which means they will likely have a harder time finding a home than an FIV- adult or a kitten. Both cats have had dentals, neuters, and other medical care courtesy of Douglas College. (Mountain View is taking over because the college is on Winter break.) Sambuca also had damaged ear canals so he is getting medication for that. Sambuca is very friendly, but Whiskey is a bit cautious so for tonight Whiskey is being kept in a large cage in the room.
- You can read about and watch Whiskey’s October 27th intake here and Sambuca’s October 28th intake here. You can watch them on Livestream at http://livestream.com/accounts/14083503/Whiskey-Sambuca — Kayla is going to try to have regular updates with them.
- No updates yet today
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Kim T was on feeding duty at the feral station today. She got to pet Eaton while he was eating.
- The kids at Holly Elementary have named the new kittens: ginger floof is Nicholas, his little torbie sister is Noelle, the older tabby and white Skipper clone is Elf, and the big ginger mini Mr. T is Comet.
- The cam on Holly and Comet went out when the power went out. The one in with the ringworm kittens is still working on battery for at least a little while.
Holly and Comet
- Holly and the new one-year-old ginger male (kitten #4 from yesterday, now named Comet) are in what used to be the kitten/nest room elsewhere in the basement.
- Dawn came by in the morning at around 11:00 to help snuggle and socialize Holly and Comet. She worked her kitten whisperer magic on both kittens. That visit was/is viewable on the TinyKitten VIP cam, which you can access for either a monthly or annual fee. If you have access to it, you’d see cuteness like this:
- Shelly thinks Comet is 9 to 11 months old. His parentage is unknown but he does look a lot like Mr. T (so much so that Shelly calls him “Mini T”) and Mr. T would have still been intact when Mini T was fathered. (He makes me think of TeeKay’s kids — he definitely still has a kitten face, for all that he has Mr. T’s nose.) He’s a drooler, again like Mr. T.
- Shelly cleaned out Holly’s ears a bit. Today is the last day for soaking her paw(s).
- Both kittens are doing pretty well. They were cud4dling together at various points in the nesting bin
- Kimsies also visited Holly and Comet when she came to cuddle the others in the afternoon. (I did not watch that myself and the DVR was lost to the power outage, but Kimsies did post a video of Comet — see her section further down the page.)
Jingle, Elf, Nicholas, and Noelle
- Shelly’s 09:45 visit: This was a quick visit to start off the day. She gave them new food (plus Fortiflora), checked the little one’s body condition (better — gums slightly less pale, less dehydrated), gave the little ginger (now known as Nicholas) more eye drops. She also reassembled the nest cam stack that was taken down by scampy kittens early in the morning, with cans holding down the tempting cord that was sticking out. (Technically the cam takedown is Jingle’s fault, because he attacked Nicholas while Nicholas was playing with the cord.) She will be back later and Kimsies will be by later. “A full day of fun”, she says. 😉
- Dawn stopped by the ringworm kitten room for a little cuddling after she left Holly and Comet at around 12:30. (Dawn is a brave woman, going into the ringworm room with no gloves.) Shelly had also stopped in shortly before that to give them more food.
- Kimsies visited at 14:22. She cleaned up some vomit and cuddled kittens. She wasn’t on cam much of the visit so there are no screencaps and the video would have been mostly audio. (In reality, the only reason there’s no video posted here is that I waited too long and the cam reset before I could capture it.) Kimsies thankfully did post some videos of her own of the epic cuteness. (See her section below.)
- Shelly visited again at around 16:15, after the power went out again. While she was there, gave meds and eye drops, and cleaned out Elf’s and Nicholas’s ears. She also put out more food.
- Shelly’s 23:00 visit: Noelle’s temperature is normal. She’s gained a really good amount of weight since arriving at TKHQ and now weighs 533 grams, up from 475 grams. Eye drops for those who needed it. Some cuddles. But otherwise a pretty short visit to tuck them in for the night.
Kimsies’ videos/pics from her visit to TKHQ:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys visit with RW room kitties [this is the visit during the power outage]
[Page last updated: 2015/12/04 at 09:12 PST]