- Frodo’s bloodwork came back. He has severely elevated white blood cells (which usually indicates the body is fighting a significant infection, possibly multiple infections); his bone marrow is working overtime. His kidneys are OK; his SDMA (Symmetric dimethylarginine) results are slightly elevated, but that could be because of the pain meds. He’s slightly anemic, probably due to poor diet. FIV and FeLV are negative, as noted previously.
- No PCR results yet.
- When he gets neutered, they’ll x-ray his jaw to rule in/out infection there. He might be on antibiotics for three months. And they’ll need to do repeated x-rays to track the status of the infection.
- Douglas College will be doing the neuter and x-rays for them.
- For now, he’s getting 40 ml of subQ fluids (lactated ringers), antibiotics, and pain medications.
- He’s looking a lot perkier already, just after two days of medication, nutrition, and TLC. ❤️
Great Catsby Litter
- Fay got a package today, and Kayla opened it on cam. Lots of toys and some blankets.
- Kate was (finally) adopted today. Yay!!!
- Foster Mom Jules uploaded a lovely picture of the lovely Purdy.
- Alicia had her daily Periscope session with Calla Lily and the kittens. The kittens are getting scampier every day and are honing their climbing skills.
- No updates yet today
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- It’s National Feral Cat Day.
- A table/deck/dock was built in the happy forest today from pallets so that the cats’ eating area could be elevated out of the mud.
- Mr. T (aka Torelius) was fitted with a tracking collar so that he can help People for Happier Cats gather data about roaming territory before he makes his big trip to TKHQ next week.
Today’s Happy Forest photos from Kimsies:
Today’s Happy Forest videos from Kimsies:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Shellys morning visit with Tip and kittens
Tiny Kittens Shellys splint experiments with Cassidy video is stuttering in some places
Tiny Kittens Shelly attempts to put splints on Cassidy again and succeeds
[Page last updated: 2015/10/16 at 21:01 PDT]