- Little Geller, who came in to LAPS on September 14 and has been in the care of staffer Chloe, is spending Thanksgiving weekend at Hotel Jules.
- Alicia had her daily Periscope session with Calla Lily and the kittens. She also took Miss Vicky on a visit to see Miss Vicky’s kids Crinkle and Ruffles; there was apparently a couple of little hisses, but otherwise the visit went well. (Hope we’ll get some pictures.)
- Shelly continued to work with Cassidy’s splints and physical therapy. She’s leaving his legs splinted as much as possible.
- Dawn and her daughter Kiera stopped by TKHQ to clean and visit with the kittens. (Having children come by to socialize the kittens is really great exposure for the kittens so they get used to potentially being in a forever home that has kids.)
- Shelly has been going through applications. She thinks there are enough applications to cover everyone if people can be a little flexible in their kitten/combo choices. (Tip, Skipper, and Tigress were the most popular in the applications, unsurprisingly. And Daisy and Bootsy had a lot. But there were fewer applications for the black kittens, also unsurprisingly.) They’ll be matching people up Wednesday night, notifying people Wednesday night or Thursday.
- Tuesday, Shelly will be taking several kittens to Mountain View: Bambi, Tigress, and Owl to recheck their heart murmurs and Flower to get new cultures.
- Spays and neuters will be next week.
People for Happier Cats/TNR site:
- Kimsies brought Thanksgiving dinner to the cats at the feral colony, including some leftover turkey. She had 48 diners, including Milani, Starling, Torelius, Pinecone, Caprice, Templeton, Tiberius, Rhodes, Shelby, Dennis, Tandor, Dunbar, Chekov, Sisko, Porter, Horizon, and a very pregnant Nova. (The TNR team hope to be able to trap Nova while she’s still pregnant and bring her inside to the TKHQ Maternity Ward. They haven’t much luck with her so far this year as this is her third or fourth pregnancy this year.) Kimsies took a number of really great videos and photographs. (See below.)
- Kimsies finally spied Sisko at the feeding station, and she looks great.
- There are a couple of pregnant cats at the feeding station, including Nova. Shelly and the team hope to bring one or more of them in to TKHQ in a week or two, after the MountainView and DreamWorks litter adoptions. (She can’t bring them in right now because she’s already over-extended with the kittens she currently has.) They also need to prepare the downstairs portion of TKHQ for the eventual bringing in of Torelius (Mr. T) and Pinecone to see if they can become adoptable. (The TNR will be taking turns helping with them whenever they are brought in.)
Today’s Happy Forest videos & photos from Kimsies:
Today’s video caps courtesy of Sara (Little Darling):
Tiny Kittens Cassidy gets splinted and taped up again and updates
Tiny Kittens Cassidy wheelchair PT playtime snuggles etc
Tiny Kittens Dawn & Kiera visit Tip and kittens
Tiny Kittens Cassidy takes a few steps on his own
Tiny Kittens Shellys late night visit with Tip and kittend and updates
[Page last updated: 2015/10/15 at 22:43 PDT]